Comic suggestions

Any comic. Can be a series or just one issue or a novel. Whatever you like that you doubt some people have read

2 Likes

@JasonToddGod based on your screen name I am sure you have already read it but, Red Hood The Lost Years is one of my favorites. I loved how it illustrates Jason’s training in a different light and showed his internal conflicts the whole while too.

Great art, great story, great read.

2 Likes

I have. Thanks though! I loved it! I read it right after under the red hood. Now I’m on the outlaws rebirth

2 Likes

Hm, I would say the original Young Justice run from 1998- it can be a bit slapstick early on but is overall a really good series, especially if you like reading about teenaged heroes. It handles some more mature themes- gun violence and child abuse primarily fairly well, I think, while also maintaining a fairly light tone most of the time. I can’t really think of anything else off the top of my head right now suggestions-wise though

2 Likes

The Ring The Arrow & The Bat.

Legends of the DC Universe #7-#9. Then. Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #127-#131.

3 Likes

Superman- Blaze & Satanus War: adventures of Superman #493
Action Comics #680.
Superman man of steel #15
Superman #71
Adventures of Superman #494
Than
Reign in Hell: #1-#8.

1 Like

Superman/Batman Sorcerer Kings.
Superman/Batman issues #78-#84.

1 Like

A lot of Secret Six. (2014) what is the secret of the six. Issues #1-#6.
(2014) Secret Six. The Gauntlet. Issues #7-#14.
Secret Six (2008) Caution to the Wind. Secret Six issues #25-#36 Then Action Comics #896, & Doom Patrol #19 (2009).

1 Like

I will never stop obsessing over Birds of Prey (1999-).

Captain Atom (1987-) is really underrated too.

4 Likes

BOP 99’ is incredible. I read all the small arcs & 1- shots b4 I went to the movie. I’d read all the crossovers & long arcs. Had to go back & complete the series.

2 Likes

I’ll try some of these! BOP and Young Justice is on my reading list

2 Likes

Young Justice is really underrated imho. Make sure u get the crossovers in. I’d lay it out for u, but it’s in my 1st notebook & I can’t locate it. I’m on my 3rd notebook now, :nerd_face:

1 Like

If you’re newer to reading and like the teen characters then I’d suggest Impulse, Superboy, and Young Justice. They’re more playful and lighter. Based on your name I want to suggest grittier stuff.

The Dark Knight Returns
Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters
The Long Halloween
Kingdom Come
The Question Series

3 Likes

These two in particular are also all-time favorites of mine.

4 Likes

Most of this is not on the streaming service yet, but I have to recommend Martian Manhunter, the just concluded 12-issue maxi-series by Steve Orlando and Riley Rossmo.

This re-imagining of the origin of J’onn J’onzz takes risks, but tells an amazing and heroic story that is a true gem.

1 Like

Gritty Question reading? I give u World War III
World War III: (52) #50, World War III #1-#4, (52) #51-##52, Aftermath: Four Horsemen: #1-#6. Black Adam (Dark Age) #1-#6. Question: five books of blood: Crime Bible five lessons of blood: #1-#5.Metal Men: #1-#8. Infinity Inc. Luthors Monsters: #1-#12 (vol 2).

Idk why that #52 is dark grey but it’s just (52) the series #51-#52.
Great characters. Even a good amount of Whisper a’daire.

I’ve also made a few posts here and there where the number sign and a number are sometimes grey. I don’t know what that is either.

1 Like

I was thinking 52 is grey, cuz maybe the whole new 52 thing. If it’s other numbers, idk why then?

1 Like

@capo-mage @cosnerama.86780 I clicked on it and it worked like a keyword search. It brought up a bunch of posts the had the number 52 in them. Maybe like Twitter hashtag 52?

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. It used to bring up usernames when u hit # then typed a number. It didn’t do that this time, but it made it grey on one number? At least it was #52 that’s kinda cool :sunglasses:

1 Like