Comic Ideas

I like Green Arrow, Nightwing, Batman. Who else should I read. Ideas are welcome

6 Likes

Three awesome choices! I would suggest another ground level character. Seems like you might enjoy The Question as well.

7 Likes

Redhood and the outlaws I really liked, but my all time favorite is the injustice story line so definitly check that out.

5 Likes

We have a Get To Know Section in the Comic Book area, if you just want to explore characters and their background.

3 Likes

The Injustice stuff is amazing love the games, even if I’m not good at lol

2 Likes

I would recommend Swamp Thing by Alan Moore, Question by Dennis O’Neil, Hellblazer/Constantine by Peter Mulligan and Garth Ennis, and if you like some solo stories and dark fantasy try Sandman by Neil Gaiman

2 Likes

The games are my favorite dc game ever, but the comics are just as good and they give you ALOT of background to the game, like it went through about 5 years of comics about it.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll look into it. I’m beginning to want to explore more of the Universe

2 Likes

For the characters you actually listed, the 1996 Nightwing series is great for its first 70 issues.

My go-to Batman recommendation is Batman: The Long Halloween, but I can give you a whole list of good options if you want.

I don’t know or like Green Arrow as much, but people seem to like Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters and the 1988 series that followed it.

5 Likes

I second the Long Halloween, but I also recommend Scott Snyders take of batman in The Black Mirror and The New 52 run

As for Green Arrow, I highly recommend The Longbow Hunters and Grells run as well

4 Likes

Think mostly the GA thing is because of Black Canary. I want to be better

Long Halloween is a favorite I got to read Harleen. It looks awesome

2 Likes

Havent read it yet, but heard it was good. Plus I like the slip it comes with

1 Like

For Black Canary, I’d recommend the original '99 Birds of Prey series. It’s another all-time favorite of mine.

3 Likes

Birds of prey by Chuck Dixon and Gail Simon are good starts.

4 Likes

The hardcover art looks fantasic once you see it removed

5 Likes

I might actually get the hardcover just for that lol looks so good

Try these:
Hawkman
The Terrifics
The Flash
Detective Comics(Batman)
Oh, and that other comic book company puts out a pretty mean book that goes by the name of Daredevil.

3 Likes

I recommend paying attention to some of the writers that you’ve enjoyed with those characters and seeing if they write other ones. That’s what led me to Jeff Lemire’s Animal Man and Denny ONeil’s Question. Both if I had to recommend, I do.

4 Likes

Jeff Lemire’s Green Arrow run was also pretty great. I would also suggest Tom King’s Omega Men.

3 Likes