Comic Book Sorting Update: Order by Publication Date is LIVE!

Hi, everybody!

in a brush of good news, we’d like to share the following details with you on the latest patch to the DC Universe platform:

:closed_book:MOST comic book series should now be sorted by order of publication date. This will solve noticeable issues across the entire library. For example: “Legends of the Dark Knight- many later issues of the 2010s series are replaced with the corresponding issues of the 90s series.”

:blue_book:HOWEVER, there are roughly 50 series remaining with metadata that must be sorted manually. This process could take up to two weeks.

:ledger:FEEL FREE to let us know if you notice any such mis-categorizations in the comments below! Our moderator team will pass them along to ensure they are sorted as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience as we married 80+ years of publication history with the digital future!

30 Likes

Great work, DCU team! :trophy:

4 Likes

AN ENORMOUS TRIUMPH! This is FANTASTIC news! Great job DCU!

4 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

amazing feat, thanks for the hard work!

3 Likes

Great work, thank you <3

3 Likes

This is fantastic news! Thank you!

2 Likes

Spectacular effort!

Take the weekend off! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Arrow (2012-) is still categorized by issue # instead of publication date. The issues published in 2012 are mixed in with the ones published in 2014. It’s the first one I noticed.

Great way to sort things though. We’ve been asking for it and y’all delivered. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

D’aw yay!!! Thanks to everyone who worked on making this happen, both behind the scenes and not so behind the scenes <3

2 Likes

nice thanks y’all!

2 Likes

Thank you to the DCU developers and mods!

You guys want a Soder or a Whak Soda? I’m buyin’.

5 Likes

I’m sure you already know this, but some series, while sorted by release date, still have the next issue button programmed to the next issue of the old order.

4 Likes

A step in the right direction :tada:

3 Likes

The Comic section looks amazing now. So much more organized and easier to make comic list. My list contains 1,392 comics! Some I have read and just want to have in my library and so many others that I have yet to read. incredible value for the small monthly price, this is excellent!

4 Likes

Would there be a future update where things are completely alphabetical in the Browse section without counting the “The” (so Batman and The Batman series are all together)? I know this is a different issue, but it’s part of sorting I guess.

7 Likes

Great change. Will definitely make browsing titles easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

The comic reading section is a dramatically better experience than when the service launched. Thank you to all who worked on it, and who took our suggestions to heart

5 Likes

I’m so happy about this. This service has come so far since it launched, and all those who helped that happen deserve to be commended.

4 Likes