Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Thanks for the additional request!

3 Likes

Now you know, and…

Indeed!

I’ve requested it before, but I’ll toss another coin in the Request Bucket™ for the above, P/TY.

Speaking of Superman IV, DC also published this:

My Comic Shop™ lists that poster mag as being published by DC. To me, its more reminiscent of something published by Starlog.

4 Likes

WBTYM (Wham bam thank ya man, noted. :wink: )

3 Likes

TYHOD (Thank you, hero of Dakota). :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

This is probably no big surprise but I have the Superman III and Superman IV movie comic adaptations. Their cool! Now i want to go watch the movies again then read the comics. Or maybe I’ll read the comics then watch the movies. Or have a Superman Movie Marathon! Then read the comics. Hey, sounds like a good plan for the weekend between the NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl!

4 Likes

And throw in Venditti’s fantastic SUPERMAN ‘78 series for good measure!

6 Likes

Ok figured it had been a while since I did any request so might as well do them now.

JSA: All Stars (2003) Mini-series. I mean… it’s the first time Courtney Whitmore goes from being Star Spangled Kid to Star girl. How is this not on DCUI?

Gunfire (save issues 0 which is on here) - Hey, it wouldn’t be the MOST obscure thing on here. I am telling you if I keep asking they will slip up and accidentally add it, I’m manifesting it.

DC Comics Presents #70, 71, 74

The missing issues of Green Lantern Corps. (1986) which are #202-206, 216-224

Justice League of America (first series) #162-165, 169, 175,

7 Likes

If you’re an Ultra member, you can find that mighty mini in this tip-top tome:

Seconded. I’ve never read anything from that beyond the Zero Hour issue, and am intrigued to check out more of it.

Hee-hee. :grin: I like the Field of Dreams mentality. “If you request it, it will come.”

On that note, I’m going to will/request Loose Cannon (1995) #s 1-4 (of 4) into digital being.

We have Loose Cannon’s first appearance in Action Comics Annual #5 in our library, and being that his mini was written by the one and only Jeph Loeb, it’d be a nice digital get for our hallowed archive.

5 Likes

On the re-request side. I’d like to ask again for Captain Carrot Oz/Wonderland War 1-3
Lords of the Ultra-Realm 1-6 and special
World without End 5,6 (why are there mini-series that don’t get finished?)

7 Likes

The reasons vary, but often, its likely due to other titles taking priority, especially when tie-in opportunities with current and upcoming publishing and outside media priorities come about.

2 Likes

Thank you @DanTheManOne1, @Vroom, and @idle453.87595 for the requests - I’ve added your support for these titles to the list for the content team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you kindly (and I apologize if what follows is getting tiring to read, as I know I say it frequently), hero of Thanagar. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

Never gets tiring! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s cool, I didn’t realize it was reprinted in that collection. Makes it even more baffling they don’t have theindividual issues but guess in my case it won’t matter. lol.

3 Likes

I was tired last post and there were a few more request I forgot to make.

Superman: The Secret Years #2-4
The Wierd The 1988 mini-series. #1-4
Adventure Comics #479-490
New Adventures of Superboy (The 80’s series not the one based on the Superboy TV Series) #50

Incedentally I noticed you have issue 28-49 of New Adventures of Superboy (the ones with Dial H For Hero backup stores) on DCUI. I swear that you didn’t use to have all of that run, I remember posting a request for the then missing ones. But I looked and now they are all on here. Not that I’m complaining but did they quietly add them or something because again I am almost positive last I checked which was less than a year ago they were not all on here.

5 Likes

@DanTheManOne1, a lot of your questions can be answered by using the handy dandy directory that I put together:

I posted an update when those New Adventures of Superboy issues were added. You can also find where every digitized issue or series that is only available in a collected edition is located (including JSA: All Stars). I strongly encourage everyone to check the directory before making a request in this thread; there’s a good chance that what you want to read has already been digitized.

4 Likes

That’s definitely on the list, BatSledge! I’m surprised at myself for not having read it already.
And DanTheManOne1 that Superman:The Secret Years series is pretty good. I have that series in my collection.

3 Likes

Thank you, @DanTheManOne1 - I’ll get these requests logged for the content team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also read it, I had it back when I had my nearly 40 longbox comic collection before money issues forced me to sell most of it. It was definitely a good story for the time, even if ironically not much use continuity wise, sine the pre-crisis Superman was replaced with Byrne’s version shortly after, so nothing came of the revelations in it.

And thanks for the info @KookieSuperApe I was not aware of that. Will definitely reffer to it next time.

3 Likes

It annoys me to no end that The Shade 1-4 can’t be purchased digitally, especially as they were recently reprinted for the Starman Compendium Vol 1. I get the feeling no one with any decision-making powers actually cares.

4 Likes