Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Superman Family 164-181, and 183-222

More Fun Comics 101-107

Adventure Comics 104-246

5 Likes

Batman Family #20. It’s the only issue of the series still missing

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @andrewkekich.36165!! Thanks for those requests :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to note them down!

4 Likes

If I wanted to request issues that are currently on the service, but are using modern recoloring rather than their original coloring style be changed to the older style, would this be the thread to make that request?

This is about the various Neal Adams Batman issues that he recolored using modern coloring in reprints of his material. I believe, and I feel most people in this community would agree that the recoloring is vastly inferior to how the comics originally looked.

Anyway, here’s the list of issues I compiled:

World’s Finest (1941)
#176 (not added to service yet)

The Brave and the Bold (1955)

Detective Comics (1937)

Batman (1940)
#219 (could not tell from the preview, since the Neal Adams art is on the second story)

Thanks so much for any help you can give!

7 Likes

Hey there, @shamanking282.39895! Welcome to the community (and great username :eyes:)!

Since we already have those issues on our service, I might consider this to be more in the area of feedback than a request for them to be reissued. Nevertheless, I’ll make sure to get your response noted!

Thanks for reaching out!

6 Likes

Thank you! And yeah, username’s from one of my favorite manga ever.

With these issues, I know DC has digital versions of some of them (they released properly colored versions on Comixology of Batman 232 and 251 as “facsimile editions”, and the Brave and the Bold issues I believe got more proper restorations in the Omnibus releases) so hopefully this would be an easy switch if they wanted to do it.

5 Likes

The following 16 issues of Starman (1994) have a text feature called “From the Shade’s Journal”, written from the point of view of The Shade, that are part of/add to the story. These really should have been digitized and included with the issues when they were originally done, but I suppose it’s never too late to go back and add them now:

2, 9, 17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 29 (also includes an introduction from Archie Goodwin), 31, 33, 35, 38, 76, 77, 78, 79

(Info from here)

Issues 0 and 1 also have introductory text pieces from James Robinson that it would be nice to see added.

I realize that this is an extremely low-priority request. And I would much rather see the digitization team spending time on digitizing new issues, rather than text pages from issues that have already been completed. But I just wanted to get this on the radar as something that I think should be done at some point down the road. Thank you.

11 Likes

I would second this request.

6 Likes

Thank you @KookieSuperApe and @RexRebel, I’ve added your support for these text features to our list for the team. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello Moderators, can you guys please add…
Superman #30 (Sept/Oct. 1944) please.
:grinning:Thankyou. McVroom can tell you what this comic is about,:thinking: If I can find him!

5 Likes

I’ll absolutely add that to the list! Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe they’ll do it if you pronounce 87nafnagaer.

4 Likes

I wish to repeat all my previous Wildstorm and Superman related requests as well as Green Arrow (1987) 26-79.

5 Likes

@SaintBrodie ?yas uoy, cigaM

@Batmanlives1939 Ooh well thank you very much for your requests!

5 Likes

Oh I now see what you did there! Make me say my names backward! LOL! See you in 90 days, Superman! :face_in_clouds:

4 Likes

I’m just seeing this now! Welcome @shamanking282.39895!!

5 Likes

And welcome @andrewkekich.36165

4 Likes

Sooooo…

This is gonna be a lot, so I’ll just post the link to the list that I found online. It’s every appearance of Sandra of the Secret Service, who I really want to use for the Obscurity of DC club :sweat_smile:.

Thanks so much, even if it doesn’t get added.

6 Likes

DC should be doing everything in their power now to digitally preserve their Golden Age comics before they all crumble into dust, so I will second this request.

8 Likes

I’mma third it!

5 Likes