Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

We need the complete 1987 green arrow series. Your missing issues 26-80.

Also green lantern emerald dawn 1&2 is missing which are important series.

3 Likes

I’d love to see the 18 issues of the “V” series from 1985… I was crazy about the movie(s), but only ever got the chance to read a handful of the comics. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gaps in stories I tried reading:
Action Comics (1938) 666
Adventure Comics (1938) 452
Batman (1940) 384
Detective Comics (1937) 205, 405-406, 546, 563

Additional stories I’m interested in:
Action Comics (1938) 657, 661, 665
Action Comics (1938) Annual 4
Batman (1940) 224, 227, 239, 248, 253, 257-259, 261-264, 266, 286
Batman (1940) Annual 13, 16
Eclipso (1992) Annual 1
Eclipso The Darkness Within (1992) 1-2
Green Arrow (1988) Annual 5-6
Green Lantern (1990) Annual 1-2
Guardians of Metropolis (1994) 1-4
Justice League America (1987) Annual 5-7
Justice League America (1989) 0
Justice League Europe (1989) Annual 2-3
Justice League International (1993) Annual 4
Superman (1987) Annual 4
The Demon (1990) Annual 1
Wonder Woman (1987) Annual 3

3 Likes

I need to see more Vertigo and Black Label titles hit the app. There is no reason to not place the mature readers comics on the app when you already have the Vertigo runs of Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. Not to mention the new TV shows hitting the app are MA as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you once again, everyone! I can assure you that all of your suggestions are taken very seriously and the team and I all love to hear about your ideas for how to improve DC Universe.

While we’re always happy to listen and pass your feedback along, we’re afraid that we can’t make any promises about when, or if, certain titles might make it to this platform. This is due to availability of physical issues in the proper condition, licensing, or current priorities in the print-to-digital department.

We do appreciate your patience and understanding. :slight_smile: I have passed along all of these suggestions for the rest of the team to look at.

4 Likes

Question’s Log:

Still no word on the 1967 Blue Beetle series featuring the first Question appearances. The Green Arrow Annuals of the 80s and the Question Quarterlies of the 90s remain absent. My crops are fallow and my cows cry in the night for succor. Please send help.

4 Likes

Well, I must say I was very happy to see that Super Friends is Now being digitized to go along with the upcoming collected editions. However, there is a point of contention I’d like to make and it involves another new release this week, The Spectre! (1987-89)
At the End of the the first issue of the Spectre, there is a two page article by Bob Greenberger that recounts the Spectre’s origin as wells as an abbreviated history of the character’s appearances in print leading up to the then-current series. This article appeared in what was to be the letter column of the new series and as with most such first issues, took the place of letters that had not yet been written.
How is that relevant to the Super Friends?
Well, like the Spectre, the Super Friends comic had it’s own letter column. It also had an article or two in the first few issues. (Both written by series scribe, E. Nelson Bridwell) The First article is presented to explain how/why the Super Friends differ from the larger Justice League of America and how Wendy and Marvin fit in. (The second was a brief overview on the Super Villains we met in the first two issues.) I was very surprised to see however that this article was not included in the Super Friends digital release as the article was in the Spectre.
Now, we really don’t get Letter columns in digital releases so the fact that the Spectre’s Letter column placed article was included was a surprise on its own. and while it’s disappointing that the Super Friends First issue did not receive a similar treatment, I can’t really say it’s that surprising. That being said, I think that this would have been a welcome addition to the digital offering (I’m wondering if the upcoming collected edition will have an introduction comparable to these articles.)

4 Likes

I don’t know DC’s policy, obviously, but since those books (except for the final issue, if I remember correctly) were published without a legitimate copyright statement, they’d be in the public domain and so DC might not consider them to be content they own or have a responsibility to cover.

I’m not sure that’s the case. DCU already has a number of Captain Atom comics up here from Charlton from around the same era, setting a clear precedent.

1 Like

Can you guys please add more showcase comics from the 60s to 70s, please. I would like to Read the first appearance of The Creeper, in Showcase #73. :slightly_smiling_face:
And any update on The Batman Adventures missing issues? I would be thankful if #29-36 was added. Thankyou.

3 Likes

No rush. Just a request for Green Arrow Annual #1 Lessons for a Crab. It’s part 2 of a 3 part annual crossover. Part 1 Detective Comics annual #1 The Monkey Trap is on site as is part 3 The Question annual #1 The Silent Parable. Just need part 2 Green Arrow annual #1 Lessons for a Crab. Thank u either way. :grin:

3 Likes

The Millennium mini-series and all the tie-ins. I know some of the tie-ins are already on the service, but would love to get the mini-series and the rest of the tie-ins as well. Loved that series as a kid.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting to see “SSoSV” be reprinted on here for awhile. I still look for them at Flea markets and comic book shops, but have yet to find the whole series.

2 Likes

If you have the DC Comics app, you can find SSoSV there, but you have to purchase the whole set for $29.99.

Can you please add Wonder Woman #81 from October of 1993 please, the issue is missing from the rest of the series. Thankyou.

2 Likes

Taking note of these most recent requests, and letting you know we’ll look into the older ones to see if there are any updates to share. Thank you, everyone! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When you guys digitize Bronze Age era books could you include things like the Daily Planet pages and house ads for other series?
I’m reading some old Super Friends issues today and the Hembeck cartoons alone are pure Gold!

5 Likes

Fred Hembeck seems to own the rights to those strips, and he’s been working with someone to post and publish them here for a long while. And yeah, in a pre-Wikipedia, pre-Who’s Who world, I’d bet that these tiny skits were how a lot of us were exposed to lesser-known characters.

1 Like

Please be advised, I just read the digital copy of Super Friends #2 on Comixology, and it’s missing five story pages! (specifically, pages 4, 6, 8, 14 and 16.)