Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Btw @fb_digital.comics.fans.group it looks like we have SOLO #1 and #5 on DCUI currently.

Just in case you had a hankering to read some now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:grinning:So, what’s coming in November?

Moderator: More Comic Books!

HaHa, very funny. I had to ask.:roll_eyes:

Hope I made you guys laugh with my humor.:grinning:

4 Likes

Yup. Great issues too.

3 Likes

@LastSon0fMars @Shayera.Hol @Green.Lantern @staticshocks

So over in the facebook group, this made us happy! Not necessarily because everyone wants this book. But it’s a sign that the DC digital team is working to fill a few of these requested gaps!

Keep it up!
(and let’s see that Ostrander Spectre Annual!)

12 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a dream if… for one month only… the digitization team only digitized issues from the “requested” spreadsheet? Could that ever happen?

3 Likes

Outside of the new (to 6 months ago) issues, I feel like the few issues we get a week are 99% requests. This thread alone has thousands of requests spread over 2500 comments.

3 Likes

Yeah, but which of those were digitized because they were requested, and which were digitized that had coincidentally been requested? I suspect we’ll never know.

Following on from @jla172’s idea, I think some sort of fan vote, or more direct fan involvement in deciding what gets digitized beyond just this thread, would be neat. Even if it would just be deciding between a few things that DC has already chosen for digitization, but picking which one would get digitized first.

3 Likes

Yes, I love this idea…

I made a request post in May 2019 for:
Karate Kid
Freedom Fighters (70s)
Secret Society of Super-Villains
Missing Green Arrow issues from mid-90s (100-137)

My post has 16 likes… that could be a good starting point :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

5 Likes

Taking a step back, I do think it’s important to make a business case for prioritizing certain comics.

The recent Kupperberg Doom Patrol Annual was already restored for an Omnibus, and was one of the only parts of his run left to make available digitally. Doing so didn’t involve any additional cleanup or restoration. About as big a no-brainer as you’ll ever see.

The Ostrander Spectre Annual, it’s about 2 issues worth of material, but it’s also the ONLY thing left in the run to make available. 1 Annual to complete a 64 issue run.

Or the Milligan Human Target GN. It’s about 4 issues worth of material, but the other 25 issues are available, and it’s integral to the story.

4 Likes

I think they do that with most things… yes, the goal is to digitize as much as possible but you also want to sell it as a product so if it makes sense financially, you put the time in to make it happen

Some stuff in the archive, its hard to find a market for besides completists

3 Likes

Yup! So for instance, I haven’t bought the Ostrander run on Comixology yet because it’s not complete. Same with the Human Target run. Complete them, and that’s 85 issues sold, plus the 2 new completion items.

I think on threads like this, it sometimes seems like a contest to see who can name the most obscure series, even if there isn’t really a demand or business case for it.

I mean, I’m sure Anima is SOMEBODY’s favorite series…

2 Likes

I’m still scratching my head over why Breach was digitized. My scalp is starting to bleed.

2 Likes

I’m certainly looking forward to reading it, as it came out of my favorite crossover Zero Hour.

2 Likes

And 16.8 thousand (and counting) views.

As the originator of this thread, I’m happy to see that. I’d like to think that between the views and requests, this thread has had at least some influence on DC’s print to digital team in choosing which books to give digital life to.

When the day comes that we finally get The Adventures of Superman #'s 625 and 626, as well as Superman v2 #'s 202 and 203 in digital singles, I’m going to smile and say, Clark Griswold-style, “The fans did it.”

5 Likes

Could the following stories be added to DCUI

Under the title of Countdown presents: The Search for Ray Palmer:

Running Wild

The Jokester’s Last Laugh

Red Rain

Яed Son

Superwoman/Batwoman

5 Likes

Red Son is on here I believe. Unless there’s another one you’re talking about and not the Superman Story

3 Likes

I’ll absolutely add those to the list! Thanks & nice picks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They are talking about the Countdown presents: The Search for Ray Palmer titles that can be found here. Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I forgot those existed until now.

3 Likes

Seconded

3 Likes