Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Moderators will inform you in this thread that they’ve added your requests to the request database (for lack of the technical term ATM).

However, we are not informed if and when our requests specifically result in books being added to the digital landscape, likely due to assorted legal reasons.

4 Likes

You can always check the monthly release threads to see what will be added to DCUI for the coming month:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/tag/whats-coming

That’s about as much notice as we get as to what’s being added to DCUI.

3 Likes

What legal reasons could there be for that?

3 Likes

Hello! It’s been a while, so I’d like to resubmit a few requests for archival Question stories.

If I had only 3 digitization wishes, they would be:

Blue Beetle (1967) #1-5
Green Arrow Annual (1988) #1-3
The Question Quarterly #1-5

Thank you.

5 Likes

I think it might be more of a logistics thing.

Thank you thank you for those! I’ll be sure to add them in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They vary, but chief among them is that if Member A suggests books for digital release and then those books do see the digital light of day and Member A is publicly informed that their requests were greenlit, it then opens a Pandora’s Box.

One wherein Members B through Z could possibly say “If Member A got their books in digital and was publicly informed of it, then why can’t the rest of us get that, too?”

DC Comics, like all sensibly-minded corporations, would rather avoid that legal quagmire, hence why we (i.e. people who do not work for DC Comics and do not need to be kept appraised of their internal digital product decisions) will likely never be informed of when our suggestions are the impetus behind a particular book’s digital release.

By all means, keep the requests coming, but for the above reason and more, do not expect to be personally informed of your choices being selected for digital release.

Now, the legal mumbo-jumbo aside, I’d like to request the following, please:

:superman: The Superman/Madman Hullabaloo! (1997) #s 1-3 (of 3)

With Mike Allred’s latest Superman epic on the way this summer, the coming months are the perfect time for this mini to be birthed in digital form, as it would serve as a perfect tie-in to Allred’s next Super-tale.

2 Likes

It actually has been digitized, but it’s published by Dark Horse, so it won’t be on here. It can be found in this book:

2 Likes

You know, I thought it was available in a collection, I just couldn’t remember which, offhand.

Thank you. :+1:t2:

Also, I wasn’t sure if Dark Horse did own that one.

Especially since a decent number of DC/whoever crossovers are generally owned by DC, so long as one of their brands/characters serves as the beginning part of a series’ title (case in point, Superman/Madman).

Unrelated in a way: Now would be a good time to track down the Madman action figure from 2007…

3 Likes

Good Morning @Moderators,
It’s been a while since I last posted, realizing not every comic like Looney Tunes series will be on here, so hopefully you guys can please add these comic as well. Here’s the list…
The Batman Adventures #29-#36
Batman & Robin Adventures Annual #1 & #2
Batman & Robin Adventures: Subzero
Adventures In DC Universe #1-#19 Annual #1
The Batman Strikes #22-#50
Real Facts Comic #1-#21
Batman 1989 movie comic
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Detective Comics #140
Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm
Batman/TMNT Adventures #1-#5
Green Lantern/Star Trek #1-#6
Justice League Unlimited #36-#46
Superman Earth One Vol 2-3
Batman Earth One Vol 2-3
Wonder Woman Earth One Vol 2-3
Green Lantern Earth One Vol 2
The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years #1-#5

Thankyou for your time.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Out of all of your fantastic requests, this is the one I most want to see in digital, especially since its 25th anniversary is next year.

Speaking of timely requests (and especially since Flashpoint Beyond began today), how about the original Flashpoint:

:00_flash: Flashpoint (1999-2000) #s 1-3

4 Likes

It would be a great tribute to my favorite TV and comic book writer, Hillary J. Bader. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Indeed, for she was a wonderful talent.

3 Likes

Thank you for the list!

Peeking into it, it looks like all of these are thankfully already on our request sheet – nevertheless, we appreciate your growing interest in seeing those comics added here. :smile: I’ll go ahead and add your (and @Vroom’s) votes!

4 Likes

Thank you kindly, hero of Dakota. :star2:

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s already been requested, but if not, Sandman Mystery Theater. It’s already in digital format on comixology.

7 Likes

That particular title has been requested previously, so I’d be happy to add your vote to the initial request to show increased interest. :smile: Thanks for your help!

4 Likes

Superman Family 164-181, and 183-222

More Fun Comics 101-107

Adventure Comics 104-246

6 Likes

Batman Family #20. It’s the only issue of the series still missing

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @andrewkekich.36165!! Thanks for those requests :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to note them down!

4 Likes

If I wanted to request issues that are currently on the service, but are using modern recoloring rather than their original coloring style be changed to the older style, would this be the thread to make that request?

This is about the various Neal Adams Batman issues that he recolored using modern coloring in reprints of his material. I believe, and I feel most people in this community would agree that the recoloring is vastly inferior to how the comics originally looked.

Anyway, here’s the list of issues I compiled:

World’s Finest (1941)
#176 (not added to service yet)

The Brave and the Bold (1955)

Detective Comics (1937)

Batman (1940)
#219 (could not tell from the preview, since the Neal Adams art is on the second story)

Thanks so much for any help you can give!

7 Likes