Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

Aware, however, I’d like the issue itself to grace the halls of our library in the future.

Please make it happen, DC digitization wizards. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like to add to our requests for the other Top 10 comics from America’s Best Comics since we already have - Top 10 (1999) #1-12
:sparkles: America’s Best Comics 64 Page Giant (2000) #1
:sparkles: Smax (2003) #1-5
:sparkles: Top 10, The Forty-Niners (2005)
:sparkles: Top 10, Beyond the Farthest Precinct (2005) #1-5
:sparkles: ABC: A-Z, Top 10 & Teams (2006) #1

5 Likes

Got that in, thank you so much! Nice requests btw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Can’t find Superman Annual #1 from 1987 post-Crisis reset. Annual #2 Suoerman '87 is on the list, weird #1 is missing.

4 Likes

Superman Annual #1 1987, gotcha! Thanks for the request, we’re glad to have you back in the community :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Zatanna (1993) #2-4 and Superman: The Secret Years #2-4. I have no idea why the digitization team has chosen to only digitize the first issues of these series. Utterly confounding. Thank you.

5 Likes

Vertigo Resurrected #1, or any other form of reading the famed hellblazer story “Shoot”.

4 Likes

I second this. It looks like we are starting out the year with half the usual back issues we would get. If that is the case, then I would prefer if we refrained from starting new series and finish the started ones, such as Zatanna.

3 Likes

Thank you for the requests @KookieSuperApe and @paulomarciano.17324, I’ve added these to the list! :+1:

4 Likes

I have a feeling that if you could get Emerald Dawn I and II uploaded that it would be one of those mini series that is frequently a “staff pick.” I’d like to re-up my request for these two great series to be uploaded.

4 Likes

Never gonna happen because of who wrote it.

4 Likes

Thanks for stopping back in! Since your request is still on the sheet, I can just note that you’re still interested. :+1:

3 Likes

Doesn’t hurt to ask though.

4 Likes

Can we also get the last four issues of Jack Kirby‘s run on the demon? Only the first 12 issues are on DC universe infinite.

7 Likes

Thank you for the request @steve.menendian.82853! I’ve added this to the list for you. :+1:

5 Likes

It should happen however, because DC is certainly smart enough to separate the art from the artist, and make those series available (as they briefly were in our library, back in the DC Universe days).

The longer they go without making Gerard Jones’ GL books available again (as well as his other DC output that has never been in digital), the longer DC gives off the impression that they don’t understand the concept of separating art from the artist.

We all know DC is smart enough to completely understand that concept, but you know what they say about actions speaking louder than words.

5 Likes

I just find it interesting that Countdown to Mystery, Day of Vengeance, and 52 are all available and an artist that worked on them was guilty of the same crime. I want Green Lantern to be given the same access to readers that those series have.

6 Likes

Likewise.

I’m hopeful that one day, someone at DC will realize the mistake that was made, and make Jones’ GL run available in digital again.

In the meantime, the singles are pretty easy to find in back issue bins, so at least its still easily accessible in some way.

6 Likes

If you were to rank the post-crisis reboots, objectively speaking, Emerald Dawn is right up there with the man of steel, etc. I totally understand how the writer could be problematic, but it’s hard to even follow the plot leading up to emerald twilight without the origin story.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree. That’s all the more reason it, and the stories that came after, should be in our library.

Jones’ conduct outside comics has nothing to do with Hal’s adventures.

As the audience, we don’t deserve to be penalized for the idiocy he committed which, again, has nothing to do with the comics he wrote.

6 Likes