Comic Book Library Reading Challenge - June 2024

Welcome to the JUNE comic book library reading challenge!! Every month I post 5 unique challenges to get YOU reading the comic book library that is available through the DC Universe Infinite app. Some challenges may be relatively easy to complete, while others may prove to be a bit harder. Complete however many you can!

I have decided since this is supposed to be a fun little activity to reduce it to 5, as we should all be reading what we want in the library, but this is a fun little challenge to keep us in different areas of the library. This also makes it a bit easier for me each month to keep this going for the long-term. Thanks for understanding and reading everyone!

JUNE 2024 CHALLENGE:

In celebration of PRIDE MONTH, the first two challenges for this month are PRIDE RELATED:

1. Read one of the titles that has DC PRIDE in the title. This can be through ULTRA or through regular library, but it has to contain DC PRIDE in it.

2. Read various issues of comics that have colors from the rainbow on the cover artwork. RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO, and VIOLET. It is okay to count Indigo and Violet as PURPLE for this specific challenge, but if you do this guess what YOU HAVE TO READ 2 TITLES FOR THAT. Also there is a specific catch for this one, you cannot use the same issue for more than one color. The yellow has to be ONLY YELLOW. The green has to be ONLY GREEN. Get the idea?

To also celebrate another important holiday within the month of June, Juneteenth are the next two challenges for this month:

1. Read 4 issues featuring as the main character a black individual. Think Black Lightening or Vixen: Return of the Lion. This is your choice, as the next prompt is a bit more work.

2. Read one complete issue of “THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE”. They each focus on a different individual(s) so feel free to select whichever one you are most interested in, but you must read the entire issue. They are in prose, so this may take a bit longer for some people.

NOW WE RETURN YOU TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED COMIC BOOK LIBRARY CHALLENGES:

1. There have been a lot of fights in the DC Universe and some titles you expect it from as they have VS. right there in the title. Read a complete series that has VS. in the title.
4 Likes

Been waiting for this post all day! Here we gooooo!

3 Likes

For this first challenge, I read DC PRIDE: TIM DRAKE SPECIAL. I’ve read the individual stories in here as they were being published, but I hadn’t read them all together until now.

3 Likes

The next challenge is going to be a little difficult for me, because I am color blind. I’ll try to enlist some help.

3 Likes

I’ll state that it may be easiest to go after certain characters then, like Green Lantern for green cover as it just has to have the color on it. Since you can’t see the color, this may prove to be easiest if you can’t find a person to enlist. Sorry, but I will remember this for future challenges so I can avoid using color specific challenges based on covers.

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Embracing John Ridley with the first four issues of I AM BATMAN.

1 Like

I loved OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE as it was coming out, but haven’t revisited it since. Reread the Black Lightning issue thanks to this challenge, and it was a ride.

I will complete the final challenge when the final issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. GODZILLA VS. KONG arrives here on June 18th.

2 Likes