Comic book help

can anybody give me a tip on a comic book series to read i see so many but i can’t really pick any thoughts. i read some of Dicks origin with batman and i liked it but other than that i can’t really find anything to read.

2 Likes

If you liked that, you may be interested to read Robin: Year One!

3 Likes

oh, ok then i’m guessing it’s his first year as robin,but i’d like to see it because Dick is one of my favorite bat family members so thanks for the tip

5 Likes

Dick also shows up in BATGIRL: YEAR ONE and it’s written by the same team as Robin: Year One.

3 Likes

I jusss started reading Batman The new 52 storyline and I gotta say it’s pretty dease

3 Likes

I would suggest going to the Community Events forum and participating in the clubs. They will provide you with plenty of stories to read, and if you like some of them, you can go from there.

1 Like

Here’s a list of books to check out

Swamp Thing by Alan Moore
Batman: New 52 Run
The Long Halloween/Dark Victory
Watchmen
Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
All Star Superman
Superman: Peace on Earth
Aquaman by Geoff Johns
Mister Miracle by Tom King
Teen Titans by Marv Wolfman
The Sandman/Black Orchid by Neil Gaiman
Animal Man by Grant Morrison
The Killing Joke
V for Vendetta
Dc The New Frountier
Kingdom Come
Batwoman by J.H. Williams and Henry Blackmen
Superman Red Son
JLA Tower of Babel
Green Lantern by Geoff Johns
and The Dark Knight Returns/Batman Year One

2 Likes

If you don’t know much about DC

Watch Secret Origins Siory of DC Comics. it covers DC Comics up to the the big three British Authors Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore and Grant Morrison

It only takes an hour and a half and gives you a solid background in the History of DC Comics

in Comic Books
Browse
Get To Know
Sort Alphabetically

There are start Reading Guides
for

Batman
Dick Grayson
Supergirl
Superman
The Flash
The Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

Storylines in Browse can also be sorted
alphabetically
that makes it easier to find great Batman storylinrs among other characters.

My short list of best DC stories is found at

My Super Hero Genre History lists significant DC Titles and issues
It is by year
Look.at the start of each post for starting year to
Find issue or titles that might interest you
After Crisis on Infinite Earth is year 1986

2 Likes

If you’re looking for Dick Grayson stuff, I can highly recommend Grayson, but I’d advise reading Forever Evil first. Tim Seely’s rebirth run is also good.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!!!

2 Likes

I really like his modern 2016- Nightwing comics. Even the Ric Grayson stuff. If you haven’t already, you should check if out

2 Likes

If u loved year one & Dick Grayson. Teen Titans year one is really good imho. Also, for later, Nightwing The New Order is a very good mini 6 issues. I thought it was one of the best reads that I hadn’t heard of until I read it.

Hey I’m having the same trouble on what to read next. I read crisis and just finished legends, now not sure what to read next started identity crisis but kinda confused … new to the app so I’m piggy back riding this post sorry thanks …

Give the Justice league/ justice league international a try. Its the Bwa Ha Ha era, good reads, great art, AWESOME character studies, and every once in awhile a superhero/supervillain fight breaks out.

It shows up here as Justice League America 1987-. I just checked, not wantin to lead you on some crazy goose chase. The suicide squad from that same time, late 80s, was good stuff, too

1 Like

Thanks maybe going to read zero hour sounds like a good story line

1 Like

Sometimes wingin it is the best possible way. Theres one buy here that picks books by publication date. Just picks a month and a year outta a hat or somethin. Carte blanche, try em all.

@Zeus_769

If you want to stay in time period of 1987

Superman Man of Steel by John Byrne
Wonder Woman by George Perez
Batman Year One by Frank.Miller
Justice League International
Are great reads

Closer to current times
Aquaman 2011 by Geoff Johns
Superman Lois and Clark 2015
Batman in Detective Comics by Tynion 2016 showing the Bat Family
Wonder Woman 2016 Year One issues 2 4 6 8 10 12 14
Are excellent

In.general I find stories about events to be not good for people just starting out. Too many characters you don’t know

Pick.a character you want to know more about and you will get suggestions.

1 Like

Re Identity Crisis.
Why you found it confusing
See topic

If you want

An event Comic
Written by Brad Meltzer
Featuring Deathstroke and a lot of Justice League members
Instead

Try

DC Universe Last Will and Testament

It is a one shot