Comic Book Covers Featuring a Stark Single Color Background Fan Clubhouse!

I guess this was a DC TV comic too back in the day.

1 Like

Yup, that is one stark cover!

2 Likes

ah yes the excesses of the '90s

1 Like

Wow, try counselling first please!

1 Like

I hope you are being paid for the hours of research to come up with these @dogwelder9

2 Likes

Grell at the peak of his artistic powers in my opinion. Iā€™m going to go see if thereā€™s any collections of Warlord that are in color. Iā€™m pretty sure the individual issues can be got for a song but frankly Iā€™m not interested in having piles more comics laying around when I could just get a graphic novel version or digital.

2 Likes

@TravisMorgan @Vroom

1 Like

Yeeees, @Don-El?

1 Like

know of any collections of warlord in graphic novel version?

1 Like

thatā€™s just sad first thing that Google shows me is some hacker site that has all of warlord available for download for free ooo boy probably full of viruses

1 Like

you would think that some Brainiac of DC would simply purchase this from the hackers and publish it, make some money

1 Like

@Don-El @Vroom Yes, there is a nice color TPB. I picked Savage Empire on eBay and got a great bargain.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The only classic Warlord trade thatā€™s in color that Iā€™m aware of is 1991ā€™s ā€œThe Warlord: Savage Empireā€, which collects 1st Issue Special #8, along with The Warlord #'s 1-10 and 12.

Speaking of 1st Issue Special, itā€™s getting a trade release next year. I donā€™t remember when it comes out offhand, sometime in late spring I believe, but donā€™t quote me on that. Iā€™m excited to see something new finally being done with the series.

3 Likes

@TravisMorgan took the words out of my mouth. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another point of interest is that Warlord looks to appear in Young Justice #12. Iā€™m hoping the kids plan for a long stay in Skartaris.

2 Likes

@Don-El Thereā€™s also the Showcase in B&W. 1st Issue Special 8 and Warlord 1-28.

I got mine when it came out for $12.00.

2 Likes

Very temptingā€¦but I do like my color. I own issues 8 through 16 last I looked ā€¦doing an inventory again slowly. Iā€™ll see if itā€™s cheaper for me just to buy the individual issues of mycomicshop.com to get up through say issue 30.

1 Like

yikes, these are way more expensive than I thought they would be

1 Like

Itā€™s ridiculous what some people ask for certain Showcase Presents books.

Yeah, some titles are the only easy way to acquire select content, but $220 for any modern trade is just goofy.

1 Like

Meanwhile I can download all of it now for free from a shady website. in the comments below everyoneā€™s complaining that the site triggers all kinds of virus warnings for them

1 Like