Comic Book Covers Featuring a Stark Single Color Background Fan Clubhouse!

I found this Detective cover to be ingenious in concept, along with how it captures the magic of a stark single color background!

3 Likes

This white background cover reminds me that we’re going to end up mixing some of Valor in with the legion reading… Valor being the hep code name for Mon-el in the 90s…

4 Likes

One more for tonight… this stark cover of Firestorm just reminds me how much I really like the art style of Rafael Kayanan for those first several dozen issues of The Fury of Firestorm!

3 Likes

What’s not to love about that good old solid white background with these dramatic covers?

I just find the stuff very moving! Some covers are just so cluttered, these really break it down and keep things simple and basic.

4 Likes

Has anybody done this one yet?

5 Likes

@Don-El Keep 'em coming buddy!

@Batwing52 I don’t think SS #1 has graced this thread, but even if it has, it’s so nice why not see it twice?

2 Likes

Superman v2 #170. That is one PO alien dog.

5 Likes

MOMMIE!!!

2 Likes

On the subject of Rafael Kayanan…

5 Likes

And a bonus, from previous artist Pat Broderick:

5 Likes

@BatJamags Nice, especially CA#10 as that was Weisman’s first issue.

2 Likes

Captain Atom done right! I’m such a fan of what happened in the mid eighties with Captain Atom and Blue Beetle and also Blue Devil.

3 Likes

I claim thee for mine Stark Single Color Background Fan Clubhouse Thread, please do not fly thee away from hence!

6 Likes

@DE Nice, especially when compared to the goings-on in current issues of Hawkman.

3 Likes

So there I am, minding my own business, whipping through the almost infinite DC Universe digital library for comics, when this comic book cover featuring a stark single color background slappef me in the face!

5 Likes

@Don-El Nice!

You can just hear Superman say “It may be 1995 now, but we’ll see which one of us is still relevant in 24 years. Also, don’t pull on my cape.”

2 Likes

LOL I like it when characters like Alpha Centauri or later Atlas show up
It’s always a good time when somebody on Superman’s level shows up in town.

2 Likes

Alpha-Centurion was fun. I’d like to see his one-shot be available in digital at some point.

2 Likes

Here’s one that may make it into the Legion Fan Club Weekly Reader as well! Is that Tempest / Aqualad at the end?

3 Likes

Is it cool to throw in a Marvel classic?

2 Likes