Comic Book Covers Featuring a Stark Single Color Background Fan Clubhouse!

Hm, most of these look kind of incomplete, honestly. I do like the Faces of the DC Universe covers, especially that beautiful Byrne Wonder Woman one.

I also like the JSA covers Alex Ross did around Infinite Crisis, especially this Captain Marvel one. These had a nice almost chiaroscuro effect going on with the black background and the heavy shadows.

5 Likes

BatJaMags Those JSA issues I have held on to while selling of lots else from that era!

The fun with the January 2011 white covers was the inclusion of the character or team’s icon / symbol.

1 Like

The 90s were a sad time for stark single-color covers…

Oh, Clark, you Monster…how C O U L D you???

5 Likes

Meanwhile…the early 70s were a time of solid backgrouds that conveyed suspicion and Composite Supergirls…

6 Likes

Neither Superman nor I saw this coming…

4 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know for sure that Amethyst made a White Album top! I think the back up band was Crazy Horse?

2 Likes

Regarding Action #720, that was all on Lois. True story.

2 Likes

I was going to post Batman and Robin #1, but I see @DeadmanBrand beat me to it.

2 Likes

Here’s a cover of a different solid cover, one of my favorites by Jae Lee.

4 Likes

@Don-El
The only thing wrong with that cover is the Superman costume.

2 Likes

Oh you’re confused that’s not Superman that’s pile-of-dust-boy.

2 Likes

It ain’t DC, but it sure is a gorgeous piece of work.

3 Likes

Well you just totally destroyed my mind considering both characters on that cover were Giant man at one time

1 Like

More January 2011 badassery…

Weird Worlds #1

5 Likes

Here’s Jim Lee really doing the white background cover but not for DC… But sort of he is I think this is Wild Storm… I’ll check to see if it’s in our library here.

Divine-Right-4-1997-Image-Wildstorm-SIGNED-BY.jpg

2 Likes

Nope, Image… oopsie

2 Likes

See I’m wrong again… it is here, this comic series is in our library. I keep forgetting Wildstorm was kind of connected with Image for many years?

3 Likes

Green Lantern #62 variant cover. This was originally solicited as a white background cover, but it was changed to a variant with a new background by the time it hit the shelves.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to look that one up later to to see what the Brightest Day connection was

2 Likes

Oh here’s a sharper image

2 Likes