Comic Book Convention Advice

Glad to hear it was a good experience. I’m getting excited and nervous at the same time. I’m not sure my oldest has seen me as babbling and fanboying like this before but now she’s getting excited to go too even if she doesn’t know all these people.

6 Likes

I will! I hope to take pictures

6 Likes

I saw a billboard for this.

Looking forward to the “after action report”.

Any others in the New England area?

6 Likes

I’m not sure. I know I saw this one on my feeds every year and I keep saying I would go so here I go. There may be others in MA maybe near Boston? I don’t know

6 Likes

He went down easily.

11 Likes

First update on my day:

7 Likes

More on my first day:

7 Likes

I’m so glad you’re first con went so well!

5 Likes

Here’s the big question: Anything you would do different or to make sure to have/do for your next convention?

3 Likes

I would plan better so that I could attend some panels.
Also although I enjoyed meeting all my idols, I would need to prioritize who I want to meet because the autographs quickly added up in cost but I was caught up in the moment and excitement

5 Likes

One more thing specific to this one: I would have stopped by the Joe Kubert School display to share my sketches. I meant to do so and then time got away from me.

4 Likes

I should be banned from comic conventions for stupidity and anxiety.

4 Likes

Why do you say that?

2 Likes

I humiliated myself and had a panic attack.

2 Likes

Nah, don’t worry. Panic attacks aren’t anything to be ashamed of.

4 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

Don’t worry. When I met my idols I stumbled over my words. I hope you are doing well

3 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

As I have said before, I am attending Los Angeles Comic Con, though I am getting cold feet about it. I will be doing what I did in 2019 at New York City Comic Con, getting Christmas gifts along with some stuff for myself. I have had great experiences with the celebrities I’ve met, but when approaching a celebrity, I’m always afraid they’ll have an attitude. I also was disappointed at the previous convention in that I wanted to get Paul Rudd’s autograph to give as a Christmas gift, but didn’t because he was asking too much money for it. Why do a number of celebrities ask for so much money for an autograph ($100, for instance), but others are more affordable ($30)?

5 Likes

I’ve found that a lot of comic people don’t charge for autographs. And if they do it’s 5 or 10 dollars. Makes those a lot more affordable than tv/movie actors.

I know some people donate the money but I’m honestly not sure why people charge so much other than they know fans will pay for it.

5 Likes