Comic Book Collections

@Cadsecretnerd And here’s another where I asked folks to show off their libraries. Mine’s below. I hope you like it.

6 Likes

Nice justice league run. The number 1 actually looks like it shows really well. Those are definitely on my want list, but they just haven’t happened yet.

Right now I’m focused on 1950s Batman and Detective. I’m still missing probably 20-ish issues from the 60s and another dozen from the 70s. I’m trying to stick to very fine or better, but that’s been harder to do with the 50s books.

Thanks for sharing

4 Likes

yeah that definitely does get expensive. I’m not afraid of lower grade books. For one, They’re cost effective. Actually that’s the only reason! I guess I’d rather have a bunch of lower grade comics that a couple gems.

I have some mid and higher grade marvel comics. I also amassed a collection of every comic and magazine the punisher has appeared in from Spider-Man 129 to the mid 90’s. I have complete sets of trades for some of the newer series. Its a lot of books. And it’s a lot of paying a flat rate of 2$ a piece for obscure worthless comics. I have the toybiz battle van and the Nintendo game too. Not a lot of action figures yet just one to sit in the van. Movie discs. I’d really like to get my hands on one of the movie prop knives from the dolph lundgren Punisher movie. The one with the skull pommel. The search continues.

5 Likes

@Cadsecretnerd I didn’t have any other place to put my pops waiting until my son moves out in the next few years. He wants to go into the military and I have told him I’m turning his room into my comic room. His only request can you keep the bed in there I replied like any father would will see.

3 Likes

I love it that’s amazing!

1 Like

Glad you like it.

2 Likes

@c-m-woodworks and @TravisMorgan, Great collections!

3 Likes

Amazing Justice League books! I focus on Justice League in my collection and have a few of those issues you showcased but no where near all of those. Very nice!

4 Likes

that is pretty impressive, I would have to get a couple of them, but it seems more organized then long boxes.

4 Likes

http://www.comiccubes.com/cc_products_cubes.html

They have some pretty affordable options here and some higher quality cabinets as well. I think what I build is a little sturdier.

1 Like

Thanks so much I’m glad you like the collection! I think I spent 8 years slowly gathering them all. Some of them are still in pretty bad shape but they’re all there. I really want a B&B 28 to finish the collection. But I don’t want to spend a mortgage payment on a book that’s In tatters.
So Im waiting for the right opportunity. I suppose the next step would be to acquire some of the higher issues or maybe replace some of the ones that are in particularly bad condition. I’ve kind of moved on to something else, though

1 Like

I will post mine in a feed because I lent some books to my cousins during this pandemic!

2 Likes

I should’ve borrowed all sorts of stuff before all this corona stuff started

1 Like

If anyone hasn’t zoomed in on this collection of books you should. That’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

@c-m-woodworks Thank you, I mainly follow creators so they are semi-organized by writer or artist except for the omnibuses (omnibi?). :grinning:

2 Likes

I like omnibuseses

1 Like

What’s omnibuseses?

It’s plural for omnibuseseses

1 Like

I used to have a major collection. I sold 15 long boxes years ago. I do collect CGC 9.6 and 9.8 copies of my favorite characters first appearances. It’s just something I like nowadays. I only buy a few a year cause single purchases are usually between $200-$1,000. I’m not loaded.

4 Likes

Yeah they are hella expensive

2 Likes