Coloring DC: Adult Coloring Books

I have slowly been collecting the Coloring DC books and was wondering if anyone else has picked these up. While they are coloring books, I have been enjoying the crisp lines of the drawings and inking. I will need to look to see if there are digital copies of these books so I can color on my tablet without ruining the artwork of my physical copies.

I am really getting into the art of inking so these books are perfect for me to study.

17 Likes

Agreed @D4RK5TARZ- the artwork in these books is fantastic. I love that they reprinted iconic DC comics imagery so that the fandom can reimagine it via their own colorization ideas.:+1:

8 Likes

I really need to find digital versions of these on the kindle store!

2 Likes

Neeto! Kind of cool to see them without color. Especially the ones that would normally
have outdated color filling them in. Also, I recognized the ones from Supergirl (1996-2003).

4 Likes

It is crazy to see that Batman Family cover from the 70s with Batgirl fighting Duela Dent and Robin running to them have as much detail as one of the Supergirl pictures I posted.

4 Likes

These are great where you get them?

4 Likes

I picked these up at Ollie’s for $2.99 each! The cover price is much higher.

4 Likes

:+1:t3: :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I really want that Wonder Woman one! Is there Perez or Hughes art inside?

3 Likes

That’s crazy! I just finished Batgirl yesterday! Great thread! I’ll post more as I find old ones or finish new ones!
image|410x499

6 Likes

:star_struck:

What are you using to color these with? I love how bright you made Harley, then I look at the textures and shades on the Justice League page. These are great!!!

The Batgirl page is perfect! Excellent coloring choices on every page.

3 Likes

Awe shucks :blush: thank you!
I’m just using Crayola colored pencils and markers, nothing special. Sometimes I’ll use both on the same page. The markers really seem to pop against the pencil. But I’m no professional! That’s just what I’ve noticed. BTAS is my fave, I tried to capture that in the batgirl one. Thank you again!

3 Likes

I really need to invest in Prisma pencils but I don’t have the $100 to drop on them right now. I also just picked up a tablet with a pen that is great but I can’t seem to find these for sale digitally. :frowning:

3 Likes

Dang a digital version with a pad and pencil would be awesome!

3 Likes

I’m very eager to share on this thread some of the ones that I’ve used color pencils on. I’m surprised how well they came out, I’m absolutely no artist, more of a writer and musician.

I own several of these that you’re mentioning from the big fad of a few years ago (or 4) that kind of came and went, of adult coloring books. That hit around the same time we had an immensely cold winter up here in Upstate New York Western New York and my wife who really is an artist and I really enjoyed spending countless hours coloring in our favorite adult coloring book themes.

Here’s my favorite one so far and I’ll share some of my colorings in a bit.

5 Likes

Oh and I have been talking to the Community overlords …I mean mods …about offering some kind of coloring book for all of us digitally here… who knows, maybe now they’ll act!

4 Likes

Yes! :+1:t3:

4 Likes

That would be sweet!

3 Likes

Awesome find @D4RK5TARZ! Thank you for sharing with the Community!

@Don-El, I love that retro/classic version too!

5 Likes

Thanks for posting about these! They look really cool. I want to get the Justice League one.

4 Likes