Collecting Polls

To continue from @moro’s latest poll, pick your favorite from below:

0 voters

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better, especially that your knowledge trumps mine when it comes to all things DC, figures or otherwise :slightly_smiling_face:.

I agree that they are the two greatest lines of DC figures. DCUC for the breadth and variety of DC characters it offered, and Super Powers for… the purity of it. It wasn’t about a single character (cough, Batman in modern figure lines, cough), storyline, movie, or show. It was just pure DC.

I’m inching closer everyday to diving back into both lines, with emphasis on Super Powers… hopefully in a measured way that won’t break the bank.

4 Likes

Have you read the Super Powers comics? They’re pretty cool, especially since v1 #1 (the print edition, that is) has an ad for the SP toys on the inside of the front cover! :hugs:

Speaking of comics based on Kenner DC lines, there’s also Total Justice. Its no Super Powers, but its still a fun toy tie-in comic all the same.

FYI: Volumes 1 and 2 of Super Powers are in our library (volume 3 isn’t available in digital yet), as is Total Justice.

4 Likes

Ha!

That 30th anniversary figure is on my list. Perfect example of the breadth & variety I mentioned about DCUC. They even paid homage to previous figure lines.

I picked the original, because it’s the original, and because they should have put a cloth cape on that Mattel figure to properly pay tribute to Super Powers :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not yet. I remember purchasing a collected edition from Comixology for a few bucks during their frequent fire sales. It’s lying in the abyss of my unread stuffs. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

Mattel heard you and released this a few years ago:

4 Likes

Also on my list :slightly_smiling_face:.

Don’t have as much love for Mattel’s Multiverse, but the 4 Super Friends figures are definite wants.

4 Likes

Yeah, as good to great as most of Mattel’s other 6-inch lines are (with an emphasis on their '03-'04 Batman spread), DCUC is definitely the king of them all.

4 Likes

I gotta agree with you, McFarlane’s DC Multiverse line has been kicking butt with their figures. I’m really happy to see that Todd is also bringing back the DC Direct Black and White series.

5 Likes

Oh btw, there’s a gold variant of those 12 inch Red & Black Batman movie statues coming soon. It’s going to have a Platinum sticker on it.

4 Likes

Which of the below LA DC TV series (you can pick up to two) are most deserving of action figures?

• Titans
  • Doom Patrol
  • Stargirl
  • Batwoman
  • Superman & Lois
  • Naomi
  • Krypton

0 voters

3 Likes

Should we have a “General Collecting Discussion” thread, wherein its central focus is on discussing whatever DC collecting-based things are on our mind at a given moment?

• Yes! A General Collecting Discussion thread is a good idea. That way, Look What I Just Got and the other threads can remain true to their central themes and be on-topic, while we also have a thread that we can just shoot the **** in, when we feel like discussing this or that.
  • “Dy-no-mite!” I very much like this very good idea.

0 voters

CC: @biff_pow, @capo-mage, @DC89, @moro and all of our other tip-top collecting comrades-in-arms. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Don’t see why not. The more collecting threads the merrier. Can’t promise I won’t stray off topic on the other threads though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

5 Likes

Eh, it happens. :upside_down_face:

We all tend to stray from a particular focus as-

a cute kitty moseys by

Look, a kitty!

goes off to pet the kitty

5 Likes

Your favorite McFarlane Toys DC reveal from this past weekend was:

• The Joker Dragon! It’s like a Jokerized Falkor, and I wants it!
  • The Duke Thomas Batman. I still want a regular Duke/The Signal of course, but this bad boy is awesome.
  • Page Punchers. An articulated figure and a comic for $9.99? Yes, PLEASE!
  • Other (specify)

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m glad we can all agree that Stargirl needs some figures :star_struck:

6 Likes

This was tough, and I still feel like I may change my mind about it. The Joker Dragon is impressive. Never seen any DC “figure” like it. The Page Punchers on the other hand will make for a sweet little army of DC characters if/when Todd expands the line. Couldn’t tell if they were in scale with Spin Master or smaller. They could potentially make up for the lack of new Heroes Unite stuff. Regardless, will probably spring for both items in your poll.

4 Likes

Ah, but Stargirl does have figures, and courtesy of DC Direct/Collectibles and Mattel.

Those I’m familiar with offhand are:

Mattel

-Justice League Unlimited (released in a three pack and individually)

-DC Universe Classics (wave 19)

Stargirl was planned for the Justice League Action line (along with Cyborg and The Atom), but the line ended before she was released.

DC Direct/Collectibles

-Justice Society of America series 2 (Alongside Cyclone, Kingdom Come Superman and Hourman)

-DC Minimates series 6, in a two-pack with S.T.R.I.P.E.

-Justice League (The New 52)

Now, if you’re referring to figures based on the Stargirl TV series, then yes, we do need those as they (like figures and merchandise for most of the recent CW and HBO Max TV series) truly are nonexistent.

5 Likes

Page Punchers has a ton of potent potential in the purest positive and possible way.

They look to be a squidge smaller than Spin Master, as their figures usually start at the 4-inch mark.

One of the coolest things about Page Punchers is the potential for character variety.

Character Joe™ might not stand a chance to do well in the Multiverse line, but if he was 3-inches and came with an eye-catching comic? $old! :moneybag:

5 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve been more clear lol. “I’m glad we can all agree that the CW “Stargirl” series needs some figures.”

4 Likes