Closed Captions won't turn off.

Site feedback: trying to show off the service at a friend’s house and we can’t turn off closed captions. When we tested and turned them on a new set of subtitles overlapped the ones already on screen. This is a major inconvenience.

1 Like

I just click/tap the white “cc” icon in the upper right corner while the film is playing

This looks like something that the site IT guys will have to deal with, as I just joined up about an hour or so ago and found the same thing happening
no matter what movie, TV show - animated or live-action that I tried to play. The same thing you described keeps coming up.
There also seems to be a problem with trying to change the image for your avatar in your profile, in that there is no link in the web site to let you do that.
However, I did install the ios app on my IPhone 8 plus and can both turn off closed captions and import an image from the phone’s photo library
to use as an avatar if so desired. At the moment though, I don’t have an image on my phone that I wan’t to use.

1 Like

same here quite annoying i tried everything to get it off

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one. I’ve tried 3 different web browsers and 2 separate computers, but still can’t get rid of the subtitles. On my phone and ipad, it toggles on and of just fine, so I guess it’s a problem on their end. I suggest we all should report to their Help Center to try to get this rectified. It’s really annoying.

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one. I’ve tried 3 different web browsers and 2 separate computers, but still can’t get rid of the subtitles. On my phone and ipad, it toggles on and of just fine, so I guess it’s a problem on their end. I suggest we all should report to their Help Center to try to get this rectified. It’s really annoying.

I posted this in a thread a couple days ago, but I will post again. Unfortunately, this fix must be done every time you watch a video, or you need to block the element with your ad blocker (not verified).

Here is a way around the issue in Firefox```

(1) Right click on the video and select "Show Controls" in the popup menu. Now the player's controls are underneath the custom controls.
(2) To delete the custom controls, Ctrl-Shift-C to open the Inspector.  In "Search HTML" box type "vjs-control-bar".
(3) Right click the highlighted text and select "Delete Node" in the menu (or left click the highlighted text and hit backspace).
(4) Click the player's CC button and you can set captions off

You now can watch the video without captions.

1 Like

Same problem here. CC needs fixed soon.

1 Like

Same…ugh!

For all the hype DC put into this service, you would think these simple things (closed caption, changing avatars, wedding backgrounds) the developers/coders would have tested their product before releasing it and/or having customers have to point these things out to the bigwigs who should know better. Bad business practice in play here, guys. And this damn auto-correct. It supposed to say adding, not wedding on my first line. And of course, I can’t get my cursor back up there.

It’s not closed captions. Those start off, and have controls to turn them on and off. If you turn them on, they stack with what you’re seeing, which are subtitles. I use Edge (Windows 10), and have found no way to turn them off. DCU has been unhelpful, recommending I change browsers. Sent in another ticket today. Hopefully they do something to fix this.

I can’t even get the closed captions on. How do you do that?