Classic debate: Is the Joker redeemable?

U all have most likely had this discussion before, but I gotta ask- if captured, should the Joker be put to death? And if the government were to decide to kill him via capital punishment, would Batman intervene?

1 Like

I would say give him a fair trial, even if he’s guilty.

2 Likes

The Joker is an overrated circus act. Harvey should have left the acrobats alone and took out the clown!

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78 okay. But if the fair trial resulted in him getting the death penalty? Would u agree with that? And should the Bat rescue him since it breaks his no killing rule?

1 Like

They have tried to kill me, but I am just too clever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@The Riddler I don’t completely disagree, but should Harley be the one to do it?

1 Like

@Harleys Puddin if u die we riot! :joy:

3 Likes

Harley would never do it, I have taught her well.
Thanks for the Support, and please do not make friends with the green thing above ^^.

2 Likes

@Harleys Puddin so does the Joker have any regrets? Any particular deaths that truly bother him?

2 Likes

I have no conscience, no regrets. Maybe just one, but then I laugh it off!

1 Like

@abfgmsw, to regret is to show weakness, why would I do that?

1 Like

@Harleys Puddin well if that’s true, then no judge is gonna think you’re worth saving. Hate to say it but you’re likely to be executed if captured…

If the state did it then I think Batman would just let it be.

2 Likes

No…

Would I get death by crowbar, @Redhood? HAHAHAHA

Can one redeem a force of nature meant to push heroes forward into their best true selves?

2 Likes

I think it depends on the version we’re talking about. Maybe the 66 can be redeemed, and White Knight shows a redeemed Joker. The regular, Prime Earth Joker? Hell no.

1 Like

I think he’s more entertaining as a non redeemable character. If he suddenly became redeemed, I wouldn’t trust that it was real.

1 Like

He’d be legally insane locked away forever.

@Nightwingx4108 Do u think Batman would feel partially responsible for Jokers death in that example? If so, would that affect his no kill rule for future maniacs that he encounters?