Clark Kent (Kal-El) SuperMan Prime, SuperBoy Prime, Prime, Time Trapper Thread

Back then, comics were set in a multiverse: you had old World War 2 hoodlum-punching Flash in one universe, young science-cop Flash in another universe.
The higher ups decided this wasn’t conductive to intellectual properties or whatever, so there was a big event comic called Crisis on Infinite Earths. Young Superman and Old Superman teamed up, along with a third younger Superman called Superboy. This Superboy was the Clark Kent from Earth-Prime, which was an Earth with no superheroes. Yeah, presumably our Earth.
Before the event ends, old Superman, old Lois Lane and Superboy Prime are shoved into a dimension that’s supposed to be heaven.
But comics keep going on and can never leave anything alone. 20 years later, there’s an event called Infinite Crisis that brings back the Multiverse. In this event, turns out the dimension Superboy Prime is stuck in kinda really sucks, he’s been watching comics slowly become crap over the last 20 years and he’s pissed.
So, the villain of Infinite Crisis is a kid from our Earth, who’s spent 20 years reading comics and thinks they suck now. Subtext, thy name is Superboy Prime.
Anyway, his powers. he’s as powerful as Superman during the 70s when Superman could push planets out of the way of missiles instead of punching the damn missile, and he’s supersmart so he invented a harness that feeds him solar energy which means he’s immune to red sun radiation, and he’s immune to kryptonite from this universe because he’s from a different universe. He’s basically this tantrum-throwing teenage god and everyone except DC editorial really hates him.
He ends up being renamed Superman Prime at some point because DC’s copyright hold on the Superboy name is kinda flimsy. He also is sent back to Earth Prime where he finds his calling as an internet message board troll, and he’s also a Green Lantern villain for a while? I’m not sure of the order of these things sorry. Anyway i think he ends in the Legion of Three Worlds event where it’s tied up quite nicely with some pre-existing cues.

MY A B S O L O U T E FAV.1 Character in DC is SPB Prime !

Superboy-Prime first appeared in DC Comics presents #87 Nov.1985
A younger version of Superman from the [Alternate Universe] of Earth-Prime, where (other than him) the only super-powered beings existed in comic books. Prime’s world was destroyed in the *[Crisis on Infinite Earths]and he took refuge in an extradimensional space with the Earth-2 Superman, Earth-2 Lois Lane, and Earth-3 Alexander Luthor Jr. Originally a noble and optimistic young hero, years of isolation and Alexander’s manipulations turned Prime into a hateful monster who despised the “inferior” heroes of New Earth for being allowed to live while his world died.
After a murderous rampage in *[Infinite Crisis]Prime participated in the *[Sinestro Corps War] before being sent back, powerless, to the reconstituted Earth-Prime by the [Legion of Super-Heroes]following *[Legion of 3 Worlds(in which his future self was revealed to have become the Time-Trapper).
Once thought to have been erased by the events of *[Flashpoint] Superboy-Prime returned in 2018’s Shazam, where he was revealed to be trapped in the Monsterlands, where Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind discovered him. During the Batman Who Laughs’ invasion of the multiverse, Superboy-Prime sided with the heroes of the multiverse in their war against him. Despite being unwelcome among most of the heroes for his past deeds, Prime is instrumental in defeating the villain in the end.

Has bn a RedLantern,BlackLantern,YellowLantern member
Member of Legion of Doom
Member of Legion of SuperVillians
Herald of AntiMonitor

He’s bn a Black Lantern,Red Lantern&Sinestro Corp member actually he felt the full spectrum in a story if I’m not mistaking (Not he was wielding all them) but he was going Thu all of the emotions at 1x
Member of Legion of Doom
Member of Legion of SuperVillians

Geoff Johns wrote a final ending for Superboy-Prime’s story arc (for now, at least) during the 2021 Dark Nights: Death Metal event, earning his redemption in a battle against the Darkest Knight, and sending him back home to his original Earth for a second chance. You can read about it in Dark Nights: Death Metal - The Secret Origin.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

IMG_4069

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

!!!

!!!
!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Emotion spectrum part I was talking about

2 Likes

Prime treating anti monitor like a a chump lol

Prime kicking ass&making graves

2 Likes

What makes Superboy-Prime your favorite character?

3 Likes

He’s my FAVORITE Bc I resonated with him From the moment of getting into his story reading/learning of his hardships&learning how far he fell & how/why he did fall so far. young/Powerful not in control of his emotions&misunderstood I just get it like id be him In our world in my opinion, life will do that to you man just really felt him on some like true personal type deal you know ? I perceived his story sincere rather than what others/most perhaps. the wrath & anger of him just misplaced a broken kid begging to go back home wanting some sense of love & family & familiarity but received as Delusional/Insane-Insanity&lashing out destroying others lives not mention his own but for just wanting things the way they were or how they’re supposed to be in his opinion , he’s the epitome of not accepting the short end of the stick & if got the powers to change it I WILL !

& i know the creators made him as joke to the fans/customers but I feel like the material was just Great !
it was one of my very 1st reads honestly so kind of called out to me if you will lol & like well He’s in our world the real world no powers & all a sudden a once in a lifetime event occurs & a comets comes Flying across the sky & he gets Superman’s Powers ? THATS FREAKING AMAZING every kids dream ever lol but man he started off irrelevant&inconsequential didn’t even have powers To becoming one of the
I F
not T H E most feared being in the multiverse at the time & up til recent “supposedly starting over”

I love the diff from Prime &SuperMen/SuperBoys in a sense of
…he will do what needs to be done to defeat the foe there is no”moral code” standing in his way&being 1 of the Most Powerul & also not having the regular weakness to magic nor kyrptonite super Bonus.

2 Likes

Have you ever read Superman: Secret Identity? That to me always felt like the ideal Superboy-Prime story, in everything but name.

3 Likes

I have not which issue I will most definitely be checking out as now …I’ve been actively looking&searching everywhereee for every story I can on/of him even if it’s a small cameo/feature

3 Likes