City on the Brink: Gotham's Worsening Fear State

The spooky season may have just ended, but let’s face it, when you’re living in a city like Gotham, how can you tell the difference? The city is constantly reeling from one traumatic event after another. What does that do to a city’s psyche? “Fear State,” the latest Bat-Family crossover event, explores that question.

I don’t mean to dredge up bad memories, but let’s take a moment to recall what 2020 felt like. Remember how it felt like there was a world-shattering crisis every other week? There was always something new to get anxious about, and we never had time to regain our balance. Now take a moment to consider this—Gotham has been living like this for many years. The city has been taken over by multiple madmen, been infected with a deadly plague, destroyed by an earthquake, and abandoned by the United States government. And that’s really just the start.

A city can only take so much before it snaps, and that’s exactly what Jonathan Crane is counting on.

To learn more about Fear State, head over to DC Comics!

Have you been keeping up with Fear State? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

3 Likes

It’s funny - I can’t figure out whether I like Fear State or Joker War better. Both have serious flaws, but I also really enjoy parts of both - and, of course, they’re both strongly connected since James Tynion is driving both of them.

1 Like