Chronological Completionist... Need Reading Order

Hey, hoping to read it all in chronological order with what is provided on this app. Is there a way I can find an order or arrange that order? I’ll realistically skip issues I don’t care for but still I’d like to check them all out.

Alternative order that cover the essentials would be nice too but prefer the above.

Thanks ahead of time

3 Likes
  1. Don’t read chronologically. It gets boring Real fast.

2. Start with recent series which will be more relevant and useful. Of course expect not to know everything, but there are too many “essential” comics.

3. Read by trade. Trades tell you the whole arc and create more value in the story.

4. I have a rebirth reading order for DCU only.

Click here to view
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/17dpDIP4Fi4wGjv37vxxFhnaMZ8BQGmbJ-ic2fX7QkH8/edit

6 Likes

For sure it’s easier just to read series by series.

There is a way in the comics library to sort by publication date either from the most recent or from the most ancient that’s available.

1 Like

Bump

The sort by Publication Date is by Title not issue.

There is no way to see issues that were published in October 2017, for example

1 Like

Interesting

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I’m fine with it being boring. I’ll probabky skip it when that happens. I was hoping to have a checklist of essentials issues to make sure I don’t skip anything big.

I almost want to study it more academically and see how the comics changed over time.

1 Like

If you want to start from the very beginning that is the Golden Age

From.the main menu

Browse
All Comics
Filter by Era
Golden Age
Get 20 results

3 Likes

On the money turok. Thanks

1 Like

So I tried it out but it is just by the date of the first issue not every issue… So you would basically need to open each golden era series and read the date on the title. They should really have a way to sort by publication date, shouldn’t be too hard… A checklist of every read comics would be nice too

2 Likes

I don’t hence the app. I just want to experience the essential stories originally before I see all the later comics rehash it.

I gotta say golden age has a very cool look to it. Are the animated series based mostly on that era?

Only Superman Max Fleischer
Cartoons 1941

Superman Movie Serial late 1940s

TV show Adventures of Superman is 1952, live action

Everything else 1966 and later

1 Like

I know you stated you wanted a way in the app, but I would suggest a website called Mikes Amazing World of Comics. Go to newsstand, and you can select a publisher, a year and sort by publication date. Obviously, the app might not have every issue listed. You can then simply make a list of the comics and issue #s, and then search for the individual issues with the DC Universe search. Not the easiest, but I imagine if you are a completionist, you don’t mind making up a list every so often.

1 Like

DCU Guide has chronologies for a lot of characters! I have been working on a chronology of Modern Age DC comics using the site, and it has been really helpful, especially with cross-referencing the timelines of different characters who pop up in multiple stories. DCU Guide sometimes misses stories that go back and add/retcon/embelish events that happened earlier in a character’s timeline, though.

therealbatmanchronologyproject . com takes all these stories into account for Batman, and the guides suggested by others should help fill in other blank spaces.

This is the single biggest fault in DCUniverse Infinite.
Did no one think to hire an archivist or librarian of some sort?
They would have mentioned very early on that this is not how people search for comics.
Is there no way to fix this? Or is it even considered a problem that I can’t see what issues were available on a certain date(s)?

This is basic database management. I can’t believe no one caught it, and am even further flabbergasted that it hasn’t been addressed.