Chit-Chat About DC Drinkware

I don’t tend to buy any of the higher end stuff that seems to be made for display so I use my cups and such. A couple of my favorites are a Superman coffee mug I found at Big Lots and a plastic travel mug with an Arkham game (don’t recall which game offhand) Harley on it from Target.

Do you have any schway drinkware?

10 Likes

This is such a good question!! One of my closest friends made me a series of mugs that I actually don’t even have displayed- I cherish them so much I have them stored until I move into a bigger place :slight_smile: I have a mug collecting problem, so these don’t end up in the clutter… If you’re curious, I have a Watchmen mug, a Preacher mug, a Swamp Thing mug, and a Stray Bullets (Amy Racecar character) mug. (<- that’s a hint at my username).

7 Likes

I have some Harley shot glasses, Green Lantern mug, several Batman mugs but I display them all. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m not much of a coffee drinker and so I just have some cups and glasses for Batman, Supes, Flash and Green Lantern and one for Justice League(comics)

I don’t display them. Drink from them then put them away in the pantry or whatever after washing

5 Likes

I use mine to drink out of. If they get a crack or chip they become pen holders. The only ones I have I don’t use currently are a set of cups that came from McDonalds in the 90’s when the Batman and Robin film came out.

91ZTy4wHSgL.SX425.jpg

5 Likes

Those are the MickeyD’s Batman Forever cups. I think I still have my Riddler and Two-Face cups somewhere.

Does anyone know of a good store that has ample DC drinkware? Looking on Amazon produces pages and pages of stuff. I’d rather a physical store that has shelves of doodads I can glance at.

6 Likes

The only place I can think of is maybe ThinkGeek. I have sometimes seen DC cups at places like Marshalls, Rosses, and Home Goods.

5 Likes

ThinkGeek, that’s a good one. Thanks! I’ve been meaning to go there and now I have a valid reason.

6 Likes

I bought a Wonder Woman mug from Barnes & Noble. I was surprised they sold them, but was stoked to buy it!

6 Likes

I got a Bat symbol and Harley mug and I’ve gone back and forth on drinking out of them for two years now.

6 Likes

You can find superhero stuff everywhere, if you just keep an eye out for it!
I like to do a lot of treasure hunting at thrift shops and retail stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. You never know what you will find, and many times I have found Superhero stuff!

3 Likes

Here’s how I look at “practical” collectibles. Do you have because you want to resell it? Don’t use it.

Do you have it because you love it? Why not bring more of what you love into your life.

3 Likes

I just had a delicious cup of peppermint cocoa in my Superman coffee cup ( it’s for cocoa anyway, since I very rarely drink coffee). It tasted super.

4 Likes

Here is the drinkware that is used in my household. The ones that I have for saving are currently packed in boxes, and I can’t get to them at the moment. If I come across them I’ll share photos.

7 Likes

Those are amazing!!! I only have 2.

6 Likes

Thanks @capo-mage.

It’s only two, but they are two awesome mugs.

3 Likes

U bet those are impressive & ty . There actually the same so I just turned em to look like 2 different ones lol. They both have WW & Cheetah on both. They were free tho thru the tokens program. Man, that was an awesome time on here…

2 Likes

Ummm… use them of course. That’s what they were made for.

3 Likes

That’s like saying toys are meant to be played with, when they’re really meant to sit on a shelf and be oohed and awed at. :wink:

3 Likes

Several years ago, I got from ebay the Gotham TV series promo coffee mug which has two batwing shaped handles.

4 Likes