Chip Zdarsky and Jorge Jimenez On Main Batman Title!

woot woot chip zdarsky

2 Likes

I’m still loving the batman run

2 Likes

And I love running.

2 Likes

lol :rofl:

batman 130 has me wondering whats coming next

2 Likes

Probably Batman 131.

1 Like

lol :rofl:

1 Like

Batman #130 has me wondering what the heck was Zdarsky thinking? What a bizarre, totally silly, ludicrous ending to an otherwise excellent story arc! Okay, it’s a comic which often demands for the willing suspension of disbelief. But this issue went too far. You would need major illicit drugs and/or alcohol to believe this offering. There is no way Batman survives this “space adventure”! Come on even if he make’s it to Earth’s atmosphere, he is going to bounce off! He is not Superman or Green Lantern, and he should not be written into these ridiculous situations.
I have not been put off be a single comic book like this in many, many years.
And now he’s “dead” to the world, but living on another parallel Earth in a more hellish Gotham? Like we haven’t seen aspects of this before? Jeez! I long for the day when Batman fought street thugs, drug lords, and super-villains who weren’t always existential threats to Gotham City.
Over half a century ago Neal Adams brought Batman back to his roots. Guess what? It’s time to do that again. I hope there is a creative amidst the current crop who is up to the task.
If I am so inclined to read silly Batman stories in space, I will choose “Batman–The Superman of Planet X!”: Batman #131 February 1958,by France Herron, Dick Sprang, and Charles Paris. Within the period it was written, it is a more believable, and fun story than this mess.

1 Like

I thought it looked really cool

Interesting! I did have a bit of a “lol wut” when Batman fell from space to the ground, but it’s not really sillier than the Hellbat suit or most of what Snyder had him doing.

1 Like

Yes, that stuff was also silly. Batman is too “overpowered”. He needs to become “The” Batman again. A "creature of the night’ striking swiftly from the shadows, and just as quickly disappearing.

1 Like