Check Out DC's List of Amazing Suicide Squad Comic Books & Collections!

On August 6, visionary writer/director James Gunn showcases some of the DC Universe’s dirtiest players in a mission that that could get them killed (if Amanda Waller doesn’t do it first) in Warner Bros. Pictures The Suicide Squad .

If you want to learn more about the characters of Task Force X, DC has everything you need to get clued in, whether it’s at your local comic book store, participating book store, digital retailer or the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE digital comics subscription service.

Trial By Fire

The Suicide Squad: Trial by Fire Collected Edition ($19.99)

Available now, this 232-page collection features cover art inspired by the movie and is the classic story by John Ostrander (with art by Luke McDonnell and others) that inspired Gunn to bring these characters to the screen.

Faced with a rising tide of meta-human crime and terror, Amanda Waller, the hard-headed director of a secret government program designed to neutralize super-powered threats called Task Force X sold the President on her vision: a covert action team composed of incarcerated super-villains who earned time off their sentences for every mission they completed. Deniable, disposable, and deployable to any spot on Earth, this Suicide Squad would be the perfect weapon of last resort—as long as they could be kept under control.

Crafted by acclaimed creators John Ostrander and Luke McDonnell, this volume collects the first eight issues of the team’s legendary 1980s title as well as their updated history from 1987’s Secret Origins #14.

To see a full list of the Suicide Squad collections and issues, head on over to DC Comics!

Are you the proud owner of any of The Suicide Squad’s collected editions? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

10 Likes

John Ostrander’s Suicide Squad is probably tied for my favorite run in comic books ever, but I really enjoy Giffen’s series, too.

I’m all digital, but I’m definitely going to try to find this

King Shark in some nice slacks with a fashionable belt, DC marketing’s got my number!

1 Like

Love that cover :00_suicide_squad:

Just ordered my copy today

Woohoo!!

I would love a book or trade with this cover.

Which is a play on this classic cover

1 Like

Of the cited collections, I have:

• Suicide Squad (The New 52) v1: Kicked in the Teeth
  • Suicide Squad (Rebirth) v1: The Black Vault

I also have the singles of those books. :nerd_face:

While not the edition shown, I have the first printing of Suicide Squad volume 1: Trial by Fire, from Ostrander’s run.

If memory serves, it came out around 2008/'09, when DC was gung-ho about finally making that series available in trade. That volume came out and then…nothing.

It wasn’t until a few years later that DC did a new printing of Trial By Fire and then released volume 2 and the rest of the series. No idea on what the hold-up was. :man_shrugging:

Not a collected release, but I did pick up Suicide Squad (current volume) #'s 5 and 6 on Tuesday. Mostly to read something current with the Squad, a desire fueled by The Suicide Squad.

1 Like

Just binge watched suicide squad hell to pay, assault on Arkham, and the task force x episode from justice league unlimited. Bring on THE Suicide Squad :00_suicide_squad::metal:t3:

1 Like

I’m hip-deep in Tom Taylor’s Suicide Squad. Like everything else of his in DC, it’s pretty damn rad.

I’m also contemplating a double feature of Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey before seeing The Suicide Squad.

The more Margot Robbie I can squeeze into my mental sponge/brain the better! :0_harley_quinn:

1 Like