Charlize Theron As Batgirl or Any Batfamily Y/N Poll

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Charlize Theron is 44 years old. So Batgirl is out.
Batwoman should be played by a queer actress. So that wouldn’t work either.
We already have a great Huntress in Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
I’m not sure there’s a role for her in the Batfamily.

8 Likes

She looks like she could be an older Oracle if you want her to play Barbara in maybe a movie about a young adult Damian. She could also play Batwoman. Even if she is not queer that’s fine. It’s her job to act as something she is not.

3 Likes

It’s already tough to get roles in Hollywood as a queer actor. In an ideal world you may be right, but in the current social landscape giving away those roles to straight actors is an act of marginalizing queer voices even further. There’s a lot of course correction that has to be done before we reach that equilibrium.

As for Oracle: honestly it would be a waste to put such a strong action star in a role behind a computer desk.

7 Likes

You have a better chance at her playing Batman.

2 Likes

Personally, I think Charlize Theron is a great action star, and deserves more original starring roles. She should be leading her own franchise, like John Wick. Where’s my Atomic Blonde sequel?

5 Likes

Actually, I just thought about it – and if we have to cast Charlize in a DC role, she’d make a great lead as Sasha Bordeaux in a Checkmate movie.

2 Likes

I was only basing off of looks. I had no idea she’s a great action star. Then Oracle is scratched off the list of possibilities.

1 Like

Mad Max: Fury Road, Atomic Blonde, The Old Guard – Charlize’s action movie work has been incredible.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure she was offered Hippolyta. She turned it down because she was insulted she wasn’t offered Wonder Woman.

3 Likes

If it’s Kate Kane, sure. But there’s always Kathy Kane.

Even better option for Charlize: Sasha Bordeaux.

(Edit: I see you already suggested that in another comment!)

2 Likes

Her connection to the Bat-Family is kind of tenuous, but the first one that came to mind that I kinda dug the idea of was Kate Spencer/Manhunter.

3 Likes

Why not Catwoman, especially if Ben Affleck is back as Batman.

2 Likes

I just realized that would be an amazing Reindeer Games reunion. Maybe get Gary Sinise to play Harvey Dent.

4 Likes

Since The Batman is either in the past, or not even in the DCEU…

She’d be perfect as Selina Kyle. At least in the DCEU it’s made clear Bats is in his 40’s. So if we have another older Bruce, I think she’d would be perfect.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Hancock. That was dumb fun. I think she’s the best female action star out there right now.

4 Likes

100 percent agree. I would definitely go see that stand alone Catwoman movie. Also her leading a DC Bombshells movie would be awesome.

3 Likes

I could see her as a decent Talia but she would probably be best as Black Canary

1 Like

What if she played Ellen Yindel?

2 Likes

I mean, Talia should be Arabic, right?

2 Likes