Characters in My Book As DC Characters

Welcome to my most absurdly obscure thread yet! Writers of the multiverse, feel free to add what DC Characters your original characters have the most in common with!

For context: I’m writing a book about a fictional rock band in the 70s, The Forgotten.

2 Likes

The Forgotten as DC characters
Roger Khan: This is a hard one. There’s a little bit of Booster Gold in there, not really in his personality, but more in the sense that he’s a bit of a gloryhound and a relentlessly shrewd businessman. Honestly, he’s closer to Maxwell Lord in that regard, but he’s an extremely nice and chill dude, and his ambitions are mostly limited to being on the cutting edge of fashion and music trends along with staying one step ahead of the shadier people in the music industry so he and his friends don’t get screwed over. He’s got a little Hal Jordan, as he’s a massive ladies’ man and knows it, and a bit of Ollie Queen, being an old lefty who tends to be stubborn, but ultimately always does the right thing. And a sprinkle of Nightwing, again, being a player and a jokester with charisma for days. And he’s got some things in common with Simon Baz, including their shared background as sons of Muslim immigrants, and a tendency to be a little bossy and hot-headed.

Mickey Levinsky: He’s also a bit of a mish-mash of characters. He’s got a lot of Wally West, being full of optimism and snarky one-liners, who also functions as the heart and soul of the team. And like Wally in the DCAU, his death rattles the team and they’re left to pick up the pieces and question how his legacy affected them. There’s also a fair bit of Booster Gold, as they’re both rather flamboyant showboats who tend to get in over their heads but are ultimately good people trying to do good. Mickey’s not really motivated by money, though, he’s just incredibly passionate about music (and he really wants to be famous). And like Clark Kent, he’s a humble kid from a small rural town with a immigrant background and Jewish roots (Mickey is very much canonicaly Jewish).

Lionel Holmes: He’s got the abusive father, masculinity hang ups, and daddy issues of Guy Gardner, he’s a snarky bisexual blond Brit with a tendency to rely on self-destructive habits and self-pitying like John Constantine, and he’s a sensitive artist like Kyle Rayner. Like Ted Kord, he’s a nerd with a unbreakable bond with his rockstar best friend (Mickey, though Lionel and Mickey do actually end up falling for each other). But he takes on Booster’s role after Mickey dies, mourning the loss of his soulmate and trying to figure out a way forward without him. He also has one of the more dramatic character arcs, and sort of overcomes his self-pitying issues and MASSIVE amounts of self-loathing and weird masculinity complex

Ian Coyle: Like Ted Kord, he’s a reserved techie that likes making gadgets, like Bruce Wayne he has an immense back log of weird skills and can come across a bit cold to people that don’t know him well, like Raven, he’s a dry snarker that gets immense joy out of roasting his bubblier friends. Also like Ted, he’s a Very Chill Dude that serves as a terrific foil to his dramatic, show-boaty bestie (Roger).

2 Likes

@basicallytimdrake you are the only person on this site that knows I have OC’s, thoughts?

2 Likes

thoughts are that lionel is my favorite already lmao.
this character description makes me already relate to him.

2 Likes

I am so glad. Usually the response to me introducing my characters to new people is:
“I would kill and die for Mickey.”
“I would do anything for Constance she deserves the world and I want to be her best friend.”
“Is Roger free Friday night?”

2 Likes

I want to buy lionel some coffee and chat with him about how having daddy issues doesn’t need to translate to toxic masculinity and also just pat him on the head like he’s a toddler and tell him everythings going to be ok
@bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 i have officially claimed your fictional oc as my friend and i swear to god if something bad happens to him i will come for your kneecaps. jk. kind of. lionel good :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

In my Jurisdiction book, Jurisdiction is most similar to Red Hood.

The character Jurisdiction, not me Jurisdiction.

Confusing, right?

2 Likes

No, this account has been used by a star powered teenager, a guy dressing like a bat, a hyena, a mongoose who is also a bat, and a cyborg. Your continuity is way easier to follow.

4 Likes

thank you HOWEVER I do have some bad news for you on that front

2 Likes

Also Mickey’s personality is quite Dick Grayson like

2 Likes

Your continuity being overly and frustratingly inconsistent has nothing to do with my journey of discovering my true Jurisdiction! :rofl:

3 Likes

S120

3 Likes

great, now I have to keep track of MORE DC continuity

3 Likes

Also three of these people are EXTREMELY British and Ian’s Irish so they all share Constantine’s deadpan snark and they curse like sailors

2 Likes

no hurting lionel. he is small boy and may be your oc but i have claimed him.

2 Likes

Well it’s not DC, so technically nothing’s changed on that front…

2 Likes

The @MatthewHecht lore is strange, but it’s also consistent in it’s strangeness. (Kind of like Ratatouille.)

5 Likes

It’s consistently inconsistent

3 Likes

OOC: I based it primarily off Frank Miller’s Batman which means lots of crazy and wacky Batman. I decided to do Stargirl for her new issues temporarily, this a more grounded and darker lore for the meantime. Not every comic is as light as Batman after all.

4 Likes

He is a grown man Timothy

2 Likes