Character Spotlight

I can definitely relate to all that! Batman is amazing and inspirational for so many different reasons for me as well. If you don’t mind me asking, what is it that you haven’t liked about recent iterations? I’m honestly no where near caught up on the recent stories other than the Metal series.

5 Likes

My problem with some of the recent iterations of Batman is that they have made him too brutal. He can even be rough on his apprentices. I appreciate that Batman is single-minded and his is a literal crusade against crime, but I would think even he would have his limits.

5 Likes

Agreed, to me this is a bit much to me
1__SvzlBq906Vv0M2xe8F9Tg

6 Likes

Definitely understand that. He has become quite unapologetic these days. Like you, I agree that even he should have his limits. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for crazy brutal interpretations of my favorite characters, but it sucks when they start leaning to heavily into characteristics that aren’t naturally there.
Not a fan of Snyder’s Batman killing people. But given the context Snyder has given in statements, I understand that it’s just part of the arch he had planned for the character. It’s just a shame that was never really shown on screen and you have to dig through press releases and interviews just to get insight into what they were going for. Back to the main point though, I’d have to agree that they can ease up on the brutality.

5 Likes