Character rebirth

What revamped DC character is your favorite incarnation of an old character and why?

Hey mods u can delete this, no bites on the trot line

Deadshot used to be just an old fashioned gentleman in a tuxedo. The modern Deadshot is way cooler.

1 Like

XNam thank u, I posted this probably close to 2wks ago, I just told mods to delete it last night. That’s a good one.

I like the new captain boomerang better then the stewardess suited booms

The new Batwoman is a great revamp of original Batwoman (much as I loved Kathy Kane she never reached her full potential as a character)

1 Like

The Flash. Jay Garrick’s fun but Barry took that property to an entirely new level of prominence.

1 Like

All good ones, I enjoy the classics as much as the next guy but some needed to change with the times and some should’ve never changed.

El Diablo was another one I was thinking is way better in suicide squad then old version, but I think it’s considered a shared character not a redo.

I’ll add the Hal Jordan GL, Tim Drake Robin and Cassandra Cain Batgirl to The Flash too. Hal, Tim and Cass are my favorite iterations of those characters.

2 Likes

Superman losing the red underpants in the New 52. I also liked the younger version of him in the New 52.

1 Like

Haha I’m a grown up but picturing the reed underpants makes me laugh

1 Like

Red sorry got excited

1 Like

Both redhood and nightwing are better than robin I never liked robin. Except in the killing joke of course

Sorry death in the family. not killing joke… That one broke my heart. What that bastard did to Barbara.

2 Likes

For me, it’s not a revamp but a progression: When Barry makes the ultimate sacrifice in COIE and Wally takes his place as the Flash the reality of legacy is cemented in comics. Too bad Dan Didio doesn’t get it.

1 Like