Character and Beverage Pairings

Sometimes you just want to crawl into your blanket fort and read comic books to get away from it all. And then sometimes you might want to take a glass of your favorite beverage along. Which beverage pairs well with your favorite character?

Me? I’d pair:

Batman with Cabernet (dark and complex)

Superman with Sauvignon Blanc (bright, sunny)

Wonder Woman with Ouzo (strong!)

The Flash with Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic but zippy)

Aquaman with…hmmmm…can’t think of anything :slight_smile:

Shazam with Root Beer (He’s not old enough to drink)

Cyborg with Motor Oil (Do not drink motor oil)

Dr. Fate with Mescal or Absinthe, maybe.

How about you?

Edit for clarification: I’m not asking what your favorite character drinks but what you would drink while reading about your favorite character.

7 Likes

My favorite beverage is water.

7 Likes

Batman loves ginger ale. He usually drinks it at party’s to fool certain people he is drinking alcoholic beverages.

5 Likes

Martian Manhunter drinks milk. He usually combines it with the cookies chocos. He drinks it whole milk and has no idea about chocolate or strawberry milk, and milkshakes.

4 Likes

John Constantine is a alcoholic man. What kind of drink depends on his mood. Usually it’s Ale’s. HE WOULD NEVER. EVER! DRINK BUDLIGHT.

2 Likes

I regularly replace all his ale with budlight.

4 Likes

There are other flavors? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Try oreo cheesecake milkshakes.

3 Likes

I eat and drink noting while reading my comics, the thought of spilling anything on them terrifies me.

7 Likes

I’m getting over a cold so I’ve been drinking a lot of medicinal tea while I’ve been reading a lot of Silver Age Barry Allen. Not sure that’s necessarily an ideal pairing, but the tea (with coconut milk, honey and stevia since I was out of actual cow dairy and, again, too sick to go out in public) has been tasty.
EDITED to finish my thought.

4 Likes

:smile: Well, that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention to the last bit of text in the bottom.

My bad @ProfessorMustache.

So…I mostly drink Sweet tea with lemon or lime. I read digitally so I’m not really worried about spills on my comics. It’s a little bit boring because there is not much to say about it.

Thanks for letting me be a foolish person here in the replies.

3 Likes

No worries. All conversation is good—even off-topic conversation!

4 Likes

I can drink ten gallons of milk in one sitting.

:cow2: :milk_glass: :milky_way:

4 Likes

Feel better soon! I love drinking echinacea tea when I’m not feeling well

4 Likes

Bart Allen just doing this:

4 Likes

But that’s not Soder Cola!
Dick Wants Soder Cola

2 Likes

Different brand. Same taste.

2 Likes

Water reigns supreme

3 Likes

Major stomachache incoming after that. All those sugars from each drink, OOF!

I made that mistake in junior high. It costed me a week of just eating bananas, rice and plain toasted bread, and too many to count trips to the bathroom.

3 Likes

I am currently drinking black decaf french roast coffee while reading my Green Arrow The Longbow Hunters omnibus volume I and I am telling myself I am an idiot for getting liquid anywhere near this expensive book, but I just can’t help myself.

That was also my drink of choice with my Wonder Woman omnibuses, and Death and Return of Superman omnibus.

How do I hold the omnibus in one hand an drink with the other? Very uncomfortably.

Other than that, it is tap water with my comics.

3 Likes