:00_lc_green_lantern: Change My Mind: The Oans are so nosy!

Welcome to Change My Mind!

Every so often, I’ll be talking about fun controversial topics within DC comics and choosing one side over the other. I’ll be playing devil’s advocate and explaining my argument to spark some conversation, so be aware!

Note: While the topics I discuss may be relatively controversial, it’s all in good fun.

Oans, they’re the little blue creatures of the multiverse who claim to know more than everyone else, but is their better-than-thou disposition warranted? Why do they get to have a say about every little happening in the farthest corners of the multiverse? I say nay! It’s nice that they uproot people from their lives and grant them the relaxing responsibility of protecting that area of space from all threats, but who gave them the right to do so?!

Maybe they should stick to their own side of the galaxy and stop being so nosy. Change my mind.

Credit: Green Lantern Secret Files and Origins 2005

Did I Change Your Mind?

• You’re right, they are so nosy!
  • Noo they deserve to be at the top!

0 voters

Have any Change My Mind ideas you’d like to see? Be sure to share them, along with why you think they should be featured, in the comments! I’ll be sure to @ the people who mention the idea when/if that version of Change My Mind is posted!

Like what you see? Be sure to check out the previous entries in my Change My Mind Series!

Change My Mind Series

Batman Belongs in Arkham Asylum

(Spoiler) Deathstroke Was Right: Kids Shouldn’t Be Wearing Costumes

:superman: Change My Mind: Helspont Can Defeat Superman

Superman is a Ticking Time Bomb

8 Likes

None of the above. I already felt that as demonstrated when I was Green Lantern of Sector 2814.

6 Likes

Same here.

5 Likes

(Except for the part about being the Green Lantern of sector 2814.)

5 Likes

“Nosy” is a polite way to put it. The Guardians are extremely flawed, and trillions of deaths are on their hands because they decided the universe would be better off if they were in charge of keeping the peace. The Red Lanterns have a right to be angry.

6 Likes

@basicallytimdrake oa

3 Likes

So great to see this again, sorry @LastSon0fMars, I’m going to have to agree with you on this! :slightly_smiling_face:
Reason is when watching Green Lantern: First Flight, and Green Lantern The Animated Series, they can sometimes drive Hal Jordan crazy, and not give him a chance to talk his reason on some topics.
So yeah, they’re nosy.

:00_lc_green_lantern:

4 Likes

oa thanks for paging me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a matter of full disclosure, I have to admit I was probably influenced in my vote by my possession of a Green Lantern ring…

2 Likes