CGC Comics

Starting an official thread! I didn’t see one in here for comic collecting CGC books but show off your favorite books below and do any of you plan to resell any of your books to anyone? Let me know!!

16 Likes

A recent purchase

15 Likes

Nice slabs. I only have one at the moment. I posted it in another thread about CGC around here. It is a 9.8 Justice League International #2

5 Likes

@dkalban, amazing!! I’m so jealous!! I dont have any signature series CGC books but thats one worth having!! amazing!!

5 Likes

@ashleywilbanks, thats amazing! it starts with just one then the next thing you now you have 20 coming in the mail! I did my first 3 at NYCC 2019 and after the convention, I went to Midtown Comics to get another 3 done!

4 Likes

Awesome! Love that cover.

4 Likes

Not a 9.8, but I finally bought this. I always wanted this book. Finally pulled the trigger.

14 Likes

cool!

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!! I would have done the exact same thing! That should be a jewel in any collection!!

4 Likes

Oh man, what a legendary issue. Good choice.

3 Likes

His signature is cool as well

3 Likes

My first CGC graded comic.

9 Likes

One more arrived today. Wonder Woman 750 by J. Scott Campbell version A.

7 Likes

Bought this earlier this year. It’s the most I will likely ever spend on a comic. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Can we do CBCS graded books too? Or should that be a separate post?

4 Likes

I don’t see why not. CBCS has standards on par with CGC in my experience. I buy them when there’s a massive price difference. I don’t see paying a premium for CGC every time.

5 Likes

My matching pair…

9 Likes

I love the old man getting pulled by the ear for gawking!

5 Likes

What’s the best display/storage method for comics not worth getting graded but have sentimental value? For example, I have an autographed copy of Batman/Punisher that has some slight wear to the cover.

2 Likes

The best method for saving your valuable books is to put them in Mylar (made by Gerber) with an archival backing board. They are kinda pricey but you can get them in packs of 50 on Amazon and other online retailers. I recommend the Mylites 2 because they resemble a normal comic book bag with a fold over flap. Make sure and get the right size they have Current (smallest), Standard (which fits some Silver Age), Silver Age and Golden Age (largest for comics). Their “Full Backs” are the best in the business. These archival backing boards are 100% Acid free front and back and are produced with a 3% alkaline buffer to help maintain the proper PH balance while your book is stored. Its best to do a little practice loading them in on a less valuable book first if you’re not used to Mylar.

4 Likes