Certified Organic Tech Tuesday: The Oil Spill. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save the World?

:game_die: 4

2 Likes

Since the news said what time the oil spill started I knew when to go back to using my Temporal Bender. First, I take it to a more remote location so there is less damage when it is activated and then I go to the docks where the boat is getting ready to go out. I help them make sure everything is secured so no oil gets spilled.

9 Likes

The Miracle Machine interesting. Don’t know much so this is only based off the description given :sweat_smile:.

I would see the danger in the tc and grab the miracle machine. I only have one miracle.

I would use it to make it that there was only renewable environmentally friendly sources of energy in the world and they were the only ones discovered. So the oil spill would have never happened and the worlds use of environmentally friendly energy. A win win.

9 Likes

Hey guys! Just a heads up that I’ve read your responses, but we’re a little snowed under with the Zero Point comic issues atm. I’ll get back to this thread tomorrow morning! :blue_heart:

7 Likes

As I was heading to my car after a long day at work, I noticed a strange box sitting on the hood of my car. When I opened the box, I saw a plastic superhero figure with no color but a letter M on his chest. His hands were handcuffed and his legs were tied together. There was a note? It said, “Oh foolish man, spawn of Trigon and Servant of Brainiac, your world is coming to an end! First your air and water will be depleted before your pitiful species will have a chance to back!”

There was an Omega symbol at the end. I go home and look at the news. A shipwreck off the coast of the Sahara. Radiation and chemicals are flowing into the Atlantic Ocean. Supposedly a French ship was involved. Eco-Warriors are mobilizing online.

As if the COVID pandemic wasn’t bad enough! Now this. I’m sure Darkseid is taunting humanity. As I ponder the enormity of the problem, I can’t help but wonder how this toy hero couldn’t escape his fate! I look at him and say, “Only a Miracle is going to provide me any solutions!”

Then his eyes glow and sparkles with color before disappearing!

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 1

2 Likes

Okay, a maker and Info Tool at my disposal.
For this challenge, there really isn’t anyone to punch, so I will enlist the help from S.T.A.R. Labs. They have an ecological disaster research department. One of the many technologies that they have are specially made algae that can feed on oil and certain plastics. This algae is deployed in the areas of the spill using a fleet of trawlers funded by a grant from Wayne Tech. As the hours pass, the oil is noticeably disappearing. Within days, it is gone from the ocean. Yay science!

8 Likes

@Alec.Holland No rush, but what time will you get back to this thread? Again, no rush; I’m just wondering

4 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

2 Likes

Finally, a useful tool. I look at the miracle machine and then simply wish for World Peace. Problem Solved.
Oh, wait a minute, wrong problem, I wish that the oil spill never occurred, and why I am at it for all pollutants like mercury, plastic, garbage, radioactive waste, chemical waste and oil to be removed from the earth’s waters and any living beings contaminated with it.
I then wish for a 5 scoop gelato from Gelateria di Piazza in San Gimignano, Italy.
And take the rest of the day off.

7 Likes

@Jurisdiction

Would you care to start here at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?

We can always import water from like… Pluto. Right? It’ll be fine!

And there’s the plot twist :joy: When in Rome, I suppose!

World saved? :smiley:

@Reaganfan78

That rapscallion! He must be brought to justice!

Had you considered maybe throwing him into the ocean? A little taste of his own medicine, you know? :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to find a way to get to 88mph, fast!

100%. Love that trilogy :slight_smile:

@Row.Harper

That’s the point of this series, to get you to learn! :smiley:

It’s clearly a ninja in it’s spare time.

I feel like you and the Justice League meet up pretty often these days huh?

@Detective7

There’s definitely laws/rules against this!

Everyone has that one friend!

You didn’t want to plan out a caper and just heist the boat? I respect the commitment!

I felt that disappointment deep inside my soul.

@SpoilerAlert88

A considerate thing to do!

Everyone appreciates and extra hand when getting things set up! Day saved :white_check_mark:

@NYJt3

There’s always a rule in movies about never wishing to remove/change all things to one thing. I can’t spot the issue with this one though, so maybe it’s the exception that proves the rule? I welcome our new turbine-filled world!

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303

This was super well written! I’ve gotta know though, what was the miracle?!

@Skajadeh

The only downside to this scenario, honestly.

I feel like I’ve heard about this before… It’s not quite the same, but still super cool!

Very generous of Mr. Wayne!

Science saves the day! Now to find someone to punch…

@RexRebel

Careful! It’s really sensitive!

Seems like a fairly safe wish as long as the chemicals continue to exist. We need them in some capacity!

Googled it. Surprised to find it actually exists. Want to take a $1,200 trip to Italy now. :eyes:

Well deserved!

8 Likes

I only focus on the important things​:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I am an anti-hero…

4 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve met the full League? I’ve met Aquaman twice.

5 Likes

You may be right… Either way, the whole gang’s here now! Leaving you in the Stone Age with all the sabre cats and what not… :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s a bit off the beaten track, and not sure by itself its worth $1200.00 but although I had no bad Gelato last time I was in Italy, it was clearly the best.

6 Likes

I’m down to try it out. It’ll be good to get out of the Swamp for a bit!

5 Likes

As long as I have my kitten. And I’m not imprisoned for accidental crimes against humanity, I’m good. :smiley:

5 Likes