Certified Organic Tech Tuesday: The Oil Spill. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save the World?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

It’s a wonderful Tuesday. You’re kicking back with your favourite beverage. Maybe it’s a coffee, maybe it’s a Double Monster in a tankard with like 400mg of that sweet, sweet caffeine. Who knows?

You flick the TV on and your heart sinks. You see scenes of the ocean covered in oil. Seagulls, dolphins, whales and a myriad of other animals are coated in it too and it’s pretty clear that something needs to be done before this causes irreparable damage to the ecosystem.

Kelex feels the same way, but he sort of doesn’t have any legs… So he’ll gift you an item and then it’s up to you to save the world. Let’s do this!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadget Details

1. A Maker and an Info Tool - Allows you to craft literally anything as long as you can describe it accurately to the Info Tool!

2. Miracle Machine - Will grant one miracle. Incredibly sensitive, keep a strong grip on your thoughts!

3. Blue Power Ring - Fueled by hope. Allows the wearer to fly, create temporary constructs and heal the worst of physical injuries amongst other things.

4. Temporal Bender - Allows the user to travel to another point in time. Everything around the device is destroyed when activated, so pick the right place!

5. Mother Box - A small, but powerful living computer. Capable of matter and energy manipulation as well as life support. Also Omniscient and a huge source of knowledge!

6. Wildcard! You get to pick your own gadget!

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 4

3 Likes

Keep in mind, I’m an anti-hero, not a boy scout…

I’d go into the most polluted places in the world and use the Temporal Bender there. All of the trash would be obliterated, saving the animals. Also, Aquaman would never let sea life get hurt, so I’m hoping he shows up and gets the animals away safely, but that’s more of an assumption, as I have no idea if he’ll do it. There will be less water, but there will still be water for the animals to live in, and most of the oil will be removed as well because it was in the water. While I’m in the past, however, I’ll kill Baby Darkseid. Then, I’ll come back home.

Basically, trash is gone, oil spill is eradicated, animals hopefully safe, and Darkseid dead! It’s a good day to be alive!

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 2

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

2 Likes

(Continuing story…)
As I was heartbroken to see the Oil spill, I’ve did a bit of Detective work, studying on what cause this oil spill, it was Icicle! He also had poor Biff Tannen Hostage!
So I decided to use Temporal Bender, traveling back to November 5th 1955, oh wait it’s April 15 2021!
As I travel back in time, I hear ‘Mr. Sandman’ music playing, then I see Biff walking to the oil rig, a few minutes later I see Icicle, I turn on my heating suit and sneak up on Icicle!
We had all out battle and finally I manage to knock him out and put him behind bars! Finally it’s over! Now I need to get back to the future, to bad the machine is destroyed! Maybe if the storm is coming and have a good chance of…nah it won’t work, Thankfully the oil rig is safe and nothing bad in the water!
The End…
@Alec.Holland are you a fan of Back to the Future? :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ok, Miracle Machine. I had to look this one up. :laughing:

So, I’m sitting on my couch, with my kitten curled up next to me, when I see this awful news on the tv.

“Man, I just wish Humanity could just fall back to the Stone Age. The water would be clear, the air would be clear, no electricity, no oil, nothing to mess up the Earth. It would be great,” I mutter to my kitten.

To my left, a great machine that I didn’t see until then burst into life. I barely had time to react as a big wave of energy left the machine and went everywhere. An eerie silence followed.

It took me a while to realize what had happened: when the Justice League showed up, I knew I had messed up pretty bad. But then Aquaman stood up for me (which was very unexpected considering I had dropped my house in his ocean a while back) and Superman seemed to believe me when I told them all what happened.

They took the machine when they left. It was all broken and half melted. I guess they’ll figure it out?

9 Likes

As I was sitting In my booth at McDonald’s (after talking to the police because apparently walking into a McDonald’s with a weapon is ‘frightening’) I see a news report about oil in the ocean and on animals. That just can’t do. One of my friends coincidentally have a temporal bender. I walk outside and keep walking until I come to the beach. Since it’s like 2 in the morning no one is there. I go back a year in time so I can prevent the oil spill from happening. It takes a couple months because I applied to become a boat captain but it takes awhile for me to get accepted and my resume to get looked over. Once everything checks out and my license is approved I get assigned to the boat that had carried the oil. I successfully Captain the boat and prevent the oil from leaking into the ocean. Once everything is over I head to the same McDonald’s and I order a milkshake ,but the ice cream machine is broken.

10 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes