Celebrate Black History Month with DC Comics!

I’ve been enjoying Hardware v1 and Season One/v2 (depending on how you notate it).

As for black creators, Dwayne McDuffie’s run on the Post-Infinite Crisis volume of Justice League of America is always a favorite read, especially as he was the best writer on that series.

For any who haven’t read McDuffie’s run, you can check the first issue out here. He also wrote many noteworthy episodes of Justice League Unlimited prior to his gig on Justice League of America.

Shameless plug: @Bar-El and I are focusing on black Superman characters (including but not limited to Steel, Natasha Irons, the Calvin Ellis Superman and more) in the latest round of the Modern Age Superman Club, which can be found here.

Lastly, I changed my avatar to reflect Mister Terrific and his signature piece of equipment, the T-Sphere. He’s one of my favorite members of the Justice Society, while his New 52 ongoing was sweet but too short-lived. Also, the best title to star Mister Terrific in the last decade is unquestionably The Terrifics, wherein Terrific leads Metamorpho and other great heroes into wildly entertaining adventures.

SN: Comedian and actor Hannibal Buress played Mister Terrific on Justice League Action. If you’re a fan of Buress’ and haven’t seen the show, definitely check it out.

5 Likes