Catwoman's Jazz

Hello Catwoman fans! I’m wondering if anyone can recall the scene in the 2002-2010 run of Catwoman by Brubaker et al., wherein Bruce visits Selina’s digs, and he’s looking through her music collection and names a jazz artist with surprise. She says she mostly likes the artist’s material from… I think she says the mid. '70s (late '70s, perhaps?). I’m trying to recall which jazz artist this was, and I cannot for the life of me even remember which TPB this scene is in, much less which issue. Thus, I am reaching out to see if anyone out there recalls the location of the scene in question, and the name of the jazz artist referenced. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Found it! In Catwoman #32:

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @HubCityQuestion !!!

3 Likes

Any time! Love a good DC research question.

3 Likes

I thought it would be fun to put together a playlist on Spotify called “Selina Kyle’s Playlist”, and I want to start with artists and songs referenced in her comic books. So far, I have the song: “Je ne t’aime pas” (I can’t remember where this was referenced), and the artists Ute Lemper (she’s wearing a t-shirt that references her in one issue), John Coltrane, & '70s-erra Don Cherry (the last 2 coming from the page you found for me!).
I have the same username on Spotify, if anyone wants to find the playlist: ThulrVO

1 Like

I’d make sure to add “Some of These Days,” from Tom King’s Batman Annual #2!

2 Likes

Of course, thanks @HubCityQuestion !

Hello all! I have a Catwoman song mystery for you all! I wonder if anyone can identify the song these lyrics were taken from or reference? The page is from Morrison’s Batman Omnibus, Vol. 3.

Ah Ha! I came upon this as I came to the end material of Vol. 3… Grant gave us the answer.

The lyrics are from Paul Whiteman’s version. I found it on Spotify.

2 Likes