Catwoman Vs. Cheetah

Catwoman Vs. Cheetah?: Who would you say is the better, and why!? Also give your opinion on origin and another random thought, notice both “cat” related", what do you think of “cat-related entities” being villainous?

3 Likes

That’s a really hard pick, probably Cheetah in my opinion, cause she’s more of cat like villian then Catwoman. Catwoman just wear a cat costume.
:cat2::leopard:

3 Likes

Catwoman’s my favorite of the two, though Barbara would obviously wipe the floor w/ Selina in a fight, which is the first thing I thought of when I saw the title

3 Likes

As a villain? Cheetah, definitely. I think she can be truly frightening depending on the interpretation. I do love Selina though.

3 Likes

I think Cheetah would win. She’s more animalistic than Catwoman. Additionally, while Catwoman is a meta, her powers seem to be more like heighten sense than super abilities. And Cheetah’s magical talents far suppose Catwoman’s agility and natural abilities.*

2 Likes

Are you talking about the comics or the movies? (or something else?) Because I know she’s kind of a meta in the way she was resurrected in some of the film adaptations, but I feel like that’s never been a thing in the comics

2 Likes

Why do you think she has never been a meta in the comics as she is in the film adaptations? Comics Vs. Film is another level that this discussion can go to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess she can be considered a meta in Batman Returns and Catwoman since she only got her fighting skills/agility after being “resurrected” by cats in a mystical way. But in the main comics, her abilities are always a result of her learning to survive the rough streets of Gotham and training to fight over the course of many years. I don’t ever remember encountering any scenario in any of the main continuities where Selina had actual powers as opposed to just being very skilled like Batman

2 Likes

Huge Catwoman fan due to Brubaker and Cooke’s run!

2 Likes

I prefer Catwoman just because I think she’s a more interesting character. But Cheetah definitely deserves a little more respect. She even somehow lost in a fight with Catwoman in Catwoman: When in Rome. Which is just absurd.

2 Likes