Catwoman: Lonely City (10/19/2021) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

Variant cover C

Link to the Book 2 discussion:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/catwoman-lonely-city-2-12-21-21-spoilers-ahead/3144748?u=razzzcat

And stop by here :notes: drop off a song if you’ve got a minute!

9 Likes

Things just got interesting. with Etrigan in the cave, Jason blood dead. could have done without the eddy/Selina moment but I actually did not mind it much do to being Bruce dead…the tragedy of fools night just keeps getting darker. Poor Crocpot he went out a hero. Now the last of the Gotham Sirens will finish things

we see Selina’s depression issues coming around to rear their head. it was kinda fun to see straight-laced Babs get arrested. I like that they keep building up Orphis…and that it was Tim Drakes Robin instead of Damian Wayne’s.

god i cant wait till the next issue.

7 Likes

We gotta pour one out for our boy Killer Croc, the true King of Gotham City. :sob:

4 Likes

Things definitely just got even more interesting! She broke my heart a little on that heist when she said “I can’t do it.” (Thank you, Ivy for the assist!) I’m sure we’ll see Eddie again, too…wasn’t expecting to see Etrigan by the end, either, so that was a nice little surprise. :raised_hands:

I’m really enjoying this story. Can wait for the next book - I’m annoyed I have to wait, tbh, lol! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah. At first I didn’t care for it, but got over it pretty quickly.

@Jay_Kay I know. :beers::pleading_face: To the King of Gotham!

6 Likes

same but I also am dreading it a little as it’s likely just going to rip our hearts out.
side noted: Nightwing never did have good timing.

5 Likes

@Nobody.bladesmith Agree. I want it now, but I also know something terrible is likely coming, lol, so I’m a little nervous.

Wondering where things will go for Harvey and Babs, too on the political front..

:laughing: That reminds me: forgot to mention Tim! “You get hand cuffs, and YOU get hand cuffs!” Fun cameo.

That Selina and Bats flashback tho :broken_heart:

7 Likes

I agreed, all but the first one in book two are :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Definitely agree. :black_heart: Not sure why this song just popped into my head, but I’m gonna drop it:

7 Likes

It does have a Catwoman vibe to it…and batman is the night…or is it Knight? :grin:

6 Likes

:pleading_face:

3 Likes

0_0 Huge Easter Egg catwoman is 55 in this …the first issue released was in 2021…she was born in 1966 =). going by the idea this takes place in 2021.

4 Likes

:catwoman_hv_2: BOOK FOUR:

ONE OF THE MOST ACCLAIMED BLACK LABEL SERIES EVER REACHES ITS CONCLUSION! All of the sacrifice—all of the broken bodies and shattered relationships—was leading up to this: Selina Kyle standing in front of the Batcave, desperate to know the secrets inside it, secrets once thought to have died with Batman. But you should never open doors you can’t close—if opening them means swinging wide the gates of Hell!

:books: If you’ve read it (or plan to) and wish to discuss, drop your thoughts below when you’re ready! If you’re just joining us, Books 1&2 are available in our :dc: Library:

You can join or learn more about :harleys_crew: Harley’s Crew HERE or :that_black_label_life: ThatBlackLabelLife HERE.

12 Likes

Variant B, Cliff Chiang

Variant C, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

Link to our previous discussion
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/catwoman-lonely-city-3-4-19-22-spoilers-ahead/3202009

12 Likes

As frustrating as it is to wait 2 more months for the final issue, Chiang’s been absolutely destroying it on this title so it should be 1 of the rare few that’s worth the wait

7 Likes

I heard good things about it. didn’t know it was here! thanks for the link.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! :purple_heart: Enjoy! I certainly have been. :smile:

6 Likes

:pleading_face:

Sooo glad that part 4 is finally here. Seemed like forever waiting for it to drop. :+1:

3 Likes

Waiting is the hardest part. The BL release schedule is rough. Hope you enjoy it, @DC89! I’ll be back—looking forward to @Nobody.bladesmith’s thoughts too. :wave: Hi, btw!

Ps. While I’m here, I have some mood music for my Catlady. :black_heart: I like covers…

9 Likes

:blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes