Cast Brandon Routh!

Ray Palmer is leaving Legends of Tomorrow, so Brandon Routh is freed up for a new super hero role! He’s already played Superman and the Atom, and is set to play Superman again in Crisis On Infinite Earths, but there are so many other square-jawed-dark-haired-men-of-mystery left to play in the DCU.

So if it was up to you, which DC hero would Brandon Routh suit up as next?

2 Likes

Hitman.

It’d be a complete departure for Routh and allow him to play a character unlike any he’s played before.

Plus, Hitman and Superman are friends (in a way), so it’d be another link to Superman.

2 Likes

Superman!!!:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

2 Likes

If they were to do another green lantern movie sign him up i would say ryan reynolds doesnt wanna do it imo a underrated movie

2 Likes

He should be the DCU’s Superman

3 Likes

Adam strange

3 Likes

I like what he did with his turn to evil on LoT. Make him Injustice Superman

2 Likes

He could be a good fit for Maxwell Lord.

I could see him play the uber douche that ultimately tries to take down the superhuman community only to well, I won’t spoil what happens to him for those who don’t know.

1 Like

Ted Kord. It’s who he was originally supposed to play in LoT anyway before the higher ups said they couldn’t use the character and they changed it to Ray instead

1 Like

If you combine his Superman with his Atom you’d get a pretty good Captain Marvel.

He would be a good fit for Animal Man if they did a “Last Days” type show. Have him dealing with losing his powers and his family and how he rebuilds from there.

I’m just trying to throw everything at Animal Man in hopes someone, somewhere will make it happen! Haha

2 Likes

@Vroom I love him for Maxwell Lord. That’s kind of the vibe his Ray Palmer had in the beginning (charming on the surface, maybe hiding something menacing) before he turned into the lovable goofball.

1 Like

Mr. Mom

1 Like

@mrmiracle Given the lethal hold that Max had over Superman in the Sacrifice comic arc, it’d be quite fitting (and somewhat ironic) for Routh to play him in live action.

@msgtv His neighbor could be Michael Keaton. Just think of the wonky sitcom shenaniganery they’d get into.

@Vroom Not to mention the fact that he was originally supposed to be Ted Kord on Arrow, and Ted & Max have a history (it put it mildly).