Career Gotham City Henchman, AMA

Child endangerment’s not my favorite assignment, but you don’t usually get to pick your battles when your boss is a lunatic. The secret is most of us usually take a dive.

6 Likes

That explains yesterday’s battles at the abandoned pool.

5 Likes

4 hours.

5 Likes

Who do you prefer 21 or 24?

I like Hench, much better than minion.

Which hench below best reflects your personal style?

6 Likes

I think 21 is who a lot of us start as, and 24 is who a lot of us become.

In Gotham, you learn to dress for the job.

6 Likes

Ever work…with Shiva? Did she… talk about me? She umm… no… I am… just wondering…

5 Likes

Shiva? I think she’s just a myth. Some mercenary who could beat Batman, sure. So why hasn’t Penguin hired her?

6 Likes

Oh yeah…um…myth…

muffeled (What? Docks? Oh…okay Barbara)

Um… any friends of yours by… dock 52 tonight? Heard they had job down there… (what?) oh job for me down there… with Black Mask.

4 Likes

Dock 52, huh? Yeah, I think Mask’s good for henchmen on that front, but I’d grab a look anyway if you got time. They’re setting up some kind of trap for the spooky Batgirl. She’s not gonna know what hit her. Going to be hilarious.

6 Likes

Yeah… she’s stupid…I hear she talks funny… going to be really funny… I think I might send my brother Jason… he would love this kind of…job…

5 Likes

How on Earth does The Joker get henchmen given his tendency to kill them on the slightest whim?

5 Likes

Well, for a lot of Joker’s guys, it’s like they’re taking advantage of the kind of person who’d want to be part of a sort of “agent of chaos” kind of deal. The kind of guys who aren’t in it for the money and just want to break stuff with a bunch of other guys. Feel like they’re part of something. But for a lot of others, it’s about how when you run with The Joker’s crew, nobody else messes with you. Jokers protect their own, and messing with one brings the whole gang down on you. Even Joker himself gets in on it. It’s a “nobody messes with my henchmen but me” sort of thing.

He’s also got a great dental plan.

7 Likes

They need it. Robin normally goes for the mouth.

6 Likes

I don’t do dirty work, but I rotate around being the personal sidekick or assistant to both Scarecrow and Riddler, and I have a costume and persona for each. I’ve also filled in for Two Face when either Sugar or Spice gets sick.

The reason why I got into the villain business is not what you think however, it’s apart of my education program in order to get my Sidekick certification. Part of the program was to do internship mentoring from both different heroes and villains. I knocked my hero mentoring out easily with the Batfamily, but unfortunately antiheroes don’t qualify (yet) so I had to go work for villains who wouldn’t kill me because I was seeking out work for educational purposes. Both Harvey and the Riddler liked that and gave me a good word with Scarecrow.

It’s been quite the spiritual journey. Turns out, I make easy great first impressions with everyone :wink:

5 Likes

Oh! how kind of them, thinking about the students of Gotham. They may not be too bad after all lol

it’s the good ones that always shine through

5 Likes

On that subject, I have a question for you, along with Hub. Do you have any thoughts on this book? Hench (Hench, #1) by Natalie Zina Walschots | Goodreads

3 Likes