Can We Talk About Michael Giacchino's The Batman Soundtrack?

5 Likes

I really, really dig it. I can’t wait to hear the whole score.

4 Likes

I like it. It’s got a haunting feel to it without overdoing the whole “Batman is dark” theme. The main motif “dun dudundun… dun dudunun” is rather catchy. I just hope there’s some faster tempo, more exciting themes in the movie.

5 Likes

I think it’s awesome!

Having a hopeful start to the protector of Gotham and transitioning into the heaviness of his role… perfect energy. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Side-note: Someone synched the theme with Batman 89’. Really cool.

2 Likes

Music about me is beautiful

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

I freaking love it. The beginning of it starts you off with that feeling of suspense with the “dun, dun dun dun”, then it becomes very hopeful and powerful. I definitely see this theme playing at the end of the film where the fight is over and the sun is rising as Batman looks at it. It also gives off this feeling of loneliness in the middle of it, revealing this dark or scarred soul looking into the light and accepting it. Finally, when the “dun, dun dun dun dun” comes back, it reminds the listener that “The Batman is here”, just because he’s a good guy, doesn’t mean he won’t kick your *** if he has to. You should still fear him.

-That’s the vibe I get. Very strong, but hopeful and a bit menacing :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1986: :00_batman_1992:

1 Like

i like it, it feels very full while also being lonely, so almost mirroring Gotham it is vast, and while it has light and warmth it is also deep, lonely, and cold. I feel like it has a good job of getting the duality of Gotham’s hope and despair. I think Batman is very much a product of Gotham, so by emulating Gotham it creates Batman. but that’s just my thoughts

2 Likes

And now we have the Riddler theme:

1 Like

Catwoman’s Theme:

I love, love, love the piano. Sounds like something out of the Jerry Goldsmith Chinatown soundtrack.

1 Like

The whole soundtrack is here and it is glorious.

2 Likes

Soooo many good tracks. Too many to even all talk about here. Honourable mention to the pun in the track name “Highway to the Angerzone”.

My favourite track: The Batman Official Soundtrack | A Bat in the Rafters, Pt. 2 - Michael Giacchino | WaterTower - YouTube

2 Likes

Giacchino has had such great pun game in his song titles for as long as I can remember.

2 Likes

I loved this soundtrack. My favorite ones are “Can’t Fight City Halloween”, “The Batman”, “The Riddler”, “The Bat’s True Calling”, and finally “All’s Well That Ends Farewell”

1 Like