Can we all agree that Curran Walters nailed the character of Jason Todd perfectly

I just started reading the old batman issues with his first appearance in Batman 408. The actor portrayed the arrogant, cocky, loose canon Jason Todd perfectly in my opinion from what I read.

Anyone elses thoughts on his portrayal?

12 Likes

I’ll raise a Whak Soda to that! raises can in agreement

4 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

no. not even close. his hair was 90% of his trademark in dc.

2 Likes

No. I’m the perfect Jason Todd. Jk he’s awesome.

3 Likes

He was amazing and did a perfect portrayal of Jason

1 Like

Yes jason todd is the best jason

1 Like

He did a great job .Hope to see more of him .

1 Like

Really hoping he moves on to portray Red Hood in a spinoff. Dude killed it !!

2 Likes

Although Jason was never as straight-laced as Dick, the absolutely unhinged brutality if that last scene really unsettled me.
This is BEFORE the Lazarus Pit, and I don’t remember in the comics Jason ever beating up a group of innocent police officers, almost to death. I felt like it was over the top; he put at least a few of them in the ICU, one is most likely paralyzed, and I’d be surprised if a few of them weren’t in the morgue.

2 Likes

Yes he was so great. That was the best episode thus far. Was a little disappointed at first it was a side-quest. But it was so so good.

2 Likes

@jonbre.82259 agree to that, even after the lazarus Pit, did he ever beat up any innocent person like that? I thought his violence was mostly prepared for the drug dealers who which seems to have something to do with his childhood issues.
Yet that should hardly be seen as the actor’s fault though.

1 Like

I kind of wish him to join Titans, during the red hood arc, I seem to remember that he complained about the missing of his statue while he was a Titan too. Also in the young justice league 2 there was something similar all points to the truth he was once a Titan together with Nightwing.

There was no comic story dealing with that part yet, so I’d really love to see that.

As for red hood, I’d say we might have to wait until they get batman first. LOL

1 Like

I can totally get behind this. Walters was the perfect blend of chaotic good that Jason Todd needs to be. I would love to see him in an adaption of Death in the Family. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HarleysPuddin
Hmm… that got the wheels turning would love to see another live action Lady Shiva, Arrow didn’t do much with her character. I’m definitely in for a live action series, mini-series or show of death in the family.

1 Like

I think they changed Jason a little bit to where he hates cops to show the difference between him and Grayson in the show. The reason for this is because Dick is acting like comics Jason in the show so they had to amp up Jason’s brutality to where he doesn’t care who he fights just so long as he can hurt someone who has wronged him.

Spot on interpretation. Now all we need is someone playing an adult Jason for a live-action Red Hood show. Cough Cough Jensen Ackles Cough

1 Like