Can These Characters Swim?

I’m just wondering about which characters can or cannot swim because of their powers and origins. Here’s my list:

Cyborg
Robotman
Plasmus
Chemo
Superman

2 Likes

Superman can definitely swim.

3 Likes

Cyborg visits a sunken ship in JL: Throne of Atlantis.

3 Likes

Okay thanks.

2 Likes

But he’s so dense it’s not realistic. That’s honestly the ONLY unrealistic thing about him.

2 Likes

This footage was actually used for Superman: Returns Superman could probably fly underwater, but superman as a boy learned how to swim before he developed flight

This is a more tough one. He did visit a ship in throne of Atlantis, his cybernetics can withstand water in regular continuity, but just throwing this out there

2 Likes

Superman’s flight powers have been depicted working underwater, so the question of “can he swim” may be moot.
Cyborg and Robotman may be too heavy to really “swim,” but they could probably function underwater, and might use propulsion systems to make up the difference.
Chemo and Plasmus are trickier. Neither really breathes, I think, so the question may be “can they maintain cohesion in the water”? My feeling is yes, within limits; there’s probably a threshold where they’d get, at least temporarily, diluted.

2 Likes

I love how I can ask if a list of DC characters can swim and not get responses like, “Are you stupid?” But rather, an actual discussion with why they could or could not swim

4 Likes

I think

could go underwater, just couldn’t swim

2 Likes

Superman doesn’t swim. He beats the water until it takes him where he wants to go.

Also see my topic