Can someone tell me how inappropriate Doom Patrol is?

@Meekeey
As mentioned, there are some fairly graphic nudity scenes of a pointedly sexual nature, in addition to a notable amount of profane language. Doom Patrol is definitely a series geared toward a more “mature” audience.
While it is a fantastic show, if these types of nudity/language are concerns of yours, I would definitely recommend you proceed with caution.

2 Likes

@abfgmsw
Not at all. The offensive comment has been deleted.

2 Likes

Thanks for handling the offensive people.

We’re all offended or sensitive to different things. I stopped watching MI5 when they literally said that the US and a terrorist group were both extremes that needed to be fought. If nudity or violence or depictions of certain groups negatively offends you, that’s your right and should be respected.

2 Likes

I was surprised, but not offended by the sex/nudity in Doom Patrol. The episode was rated tvma, but I thought that was due to violence and horror. Perhaps going forward they should add additional warnings at the start of the show

1 Like

Bright knight, I kept checking websites and stuff, looking for what might be inappropriate about it, but I got nothing. At least in movies it will say what it’s rated r for.

1 Like

I’m excited now! I haven’t watched it yet. Violence nudity strong language yes please. I get where some folks are coming from. But there’s tons of stuff available here for all ages and social leanings. I think there’s nothing wrong with a show for folks like me as well. Maybe an edited version as well, for folks who don’t want to see that kind of stuff?

2 Likes

Sex is bad? Says who? it is part of life just like violence. Luke Cage has many Sex Scenes along with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage has sex with all the women he meets Jessica Jones, Nurse, Ms. Detective. Luke Cage grabs her breast and then her body and that is the pilot.

A Chad hits on Jessica Jones season 2 and tell her nice ass and she gets mad, next scene there in the restroom having sex.

1 Like

I recommend you watch the New Superheor Girl Squad animated show it is amazing, fun and sweet. Even as a man I love the animation.

I agree nudity isn’t necessary in a superhero tv show

4 Likes

News Flash! We are all nude beneath our clothes…oh my!

4 Likes

@Redhood

You obviously don’t like the adult content on any of the programs, (I seen you on the other thread) may I ask how old are you? Are you over eighteen? Should you even be watching these shows?

1 Like

@IssacBrown, I am definitely above 18 and not everyone likes to watch sex in a superhero show.

5 Likes

Let’s see if I can do this without coming off as trying desperately to sound like a therapist LOL… I think the reason some have issues with some content we’ve been seeing her… Not just Doom Patrol BTW… is our personal perceptions of any Super Hero show. Yes we are adults and so are the people in these show and YES adult curse and they have sex… but many of us grew up watching shows in Saturday morning about Batman , Superman, and the rest of the Justice League that were pretty much designed to attract younger viewers. We may have even had crushes on some super Heroines dressed in sexy outfits but we never saw those characters do anything more than, depending on the show, flirt with each other. So its a bit of a culture shock to click to view Doom Patrol and within minutes we are watching Cliff with his wife having wild sex… Did it play into the plot? Yes it did but it still can come across as just wrong some how… HEY they re super heroes … They don’t swear or have sex! LOL Thing is if you look at the comic books those shows were based on … these days even those have some sex involved. I think Doom Patrol is a good show and will enjoy watching it. Now if it winds up we spend more time finding ways to get one or more character naked and into bed than we do finding ways for them to defeat the bad guys… Then they need to rethink their plot.

4 Likes

@Redhood

Please take no offense, I was kidding about your age. I simply disagree with you about the show.

@IssacBrown, All cool man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Swamp Thing will be horror. I anticipate some folks enjoying Doom Patrol will choose not to watch Swamp Thing.

DC Universe offers content you can’t get anywhere else. It allows for different stories and impact. It is our right to choose to watch or not watch content that is geared towards us as an audience.

I hope OP has a better understanding based on the above comments and TV-MA rating what they have in store for them.

4 Likes

@Applejack

I love the new Doom Patrol show, you don’t think I will like Swamp Thing?

No need to erase threads when we can have a nice civil discourse. Communication is the key to all our biggest problems facing us today.

2 Likes

@IsaacBrown :thinking: I don’t think Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing can be compared. Doom Patrol is really off-the-wall and hard to put in a category. But if you like horror movies, you’ll like Swamp Thing! I’m thinking movies like IT (same creators), The Ring, and Conjuring are what it will be compared to. (Maybe? I haven’t seen any cuts yet, just still frames and the description that “it will be horror”.)

Based on the comics, there will probably be lots of creature stuff, and based on James Wan’s work, moody jump scares. I REALLY like Doom Patrol, but I think Swamp Thing is going to be my favorite DCU show this year :grin:

3 Likes