Calm/Relaxing/Heartwarming Comics?

Something I struggle with a lot is an anxiety disorder, and comics have been a great help to me for coping with it. My favorite comic series is Gotham Academy, and with its lighthearted and heartwarming fun, it’s a great example of a book that helps me to cope. What are some other heart-warming/feel good comics that you suggest? Thank you in advance!

5 Likes

JSA#81 for me.

3 Likes

I have a few that come to mind whenever I feel down.

All Star Superman (Always a Great Pick Me Up)
Superman Rebirth by Tomasi and Gleason
Saga of the Swamp Thing #34 - Rite of Spring
Batman (New 52) #51 - Gotham Is
DC: The New Frountier

4 Likes

SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN is my new bad day go to book. Along with PLASTIC MAN by Kyle Baker, 2001 I think, an honest funny, funnybook.

5 Likes

DC (not on DCUI):
Oracle Code
Black Canary: Ignite

DC (on DCUI):
Superman Family Adventures

Not DC:
Archie Comics, just pick up a digest from Walmart or your grocery store and you will be neck deep in silly teenage hijinks in no time.

3 Likes

Here’s some of my picks, hope they help.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I also would highly recommend Archie. There’s an Archie Unlimited service that lets you read digital Archie comics that has a 30-day free trial, I’ve been meaning to check that out when I have the time.
Superman: For All Seasons is another great one. The art is beautiful and it has a good, uplifting tone and message.

5 Likes

They do have that but the reviews for it aren’t too good. However, I do suggest checking out the Archie Comics website store. You can build a bundle of digests for $9.99. I think you get 3 or 4 but you can add more books and the price per book goes down. They also have a build a bundle for Archie Horror. Mine just came in the mail yesterday! However, to bring this back to DC…the Archie store has Archie Meets Batman '66! I picked it up last month for like $3. It looks like that sale is gone and the price is back to $12.99.

2 Likes

Super Sons makes me smile.

5 Likes

Here are a few of my feel good comics. Scooby Doo Team Up is a whole series. Superman of Smallville is a graphic Novel.

2 Likes

John Constantine city of demons … its my zen lol

4 Likes

Lmao this is not exactly what I had in mind but I appreciate your enthusiasm!

1 Like

The digital first Superman: Man of Tomorrow is really sweet and heartwarming. I also second @boodikhan’s suggestion of Superman Smashes the Klan!

4 Likes

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/scooby-doo-team-up-2013-1/9587833f-ab21-45c4-b07b-c2a050ffa324/

I found this series a couple months ago when I was in quarantine with covid. It really helped give me a distraction that was also easy to read that did not require much focus. It also made me laugh out loud way more than most other comic series.

1 Like

Superman: Secret Identity never fails to lift my spirits.

2 Likes

Not available on here (don’t think), but Dear Justice League was fun. Read it with the kids.

1 Like