Calling All Teen Titans Fans! What’s Your Favorite Red X Fan Theory?

So… we all know about the mysterious second red X and all the theory’s about him. But what’s the best one? What’s the one you find most likely? On this thread I want to hear your BEST fan theories.

4 Likes

It’s Jason Todd and no one can convince me anything else.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you lol.

4 Likes

I’m in the middle of watching through the show in its entirety for the first time but I will post an update if my mind changes. I know it probably won’t lol because I like the drama of it being Jason.

4 Likes

I hope you enjoy the show! It was one of my favorites when I was young!

4 Likes

So far I really like it. I’d caught a few episodes when I was younger but I decided to watch the full thing recently.

4 Likes

Also, something I wanna throw in here, just for funsies… I feel like Jason Todd would be not just Red X, but a very dangerous Red X. Like obviously they keep it toned down for the show, but I feel like in all actuality Red X would be on the same level of danger threat as Deathstroke, where you know you’re going down if you go up against him. Just my little headcanon, but Red X gives me killer vibes, and that does seem like something Jason Todd would be down for, depending on that version and how fresh from the pit he is.

(Keep in mind, this is not at all evidence. This is just me sharing some headcanon while bringing up my answer to this thread’s topic. Have to address that before someone tries to pick a fight with me about it “nOt BeInG eViDeNcE”)

4 Likes

My own theory-

Red X is

:+1:

5 Likes

Ian Brandon Anderson

3 Likes

This was always a huge mindtwist for me as a kid, since Red X still shared Robin’s VA long after Robin was already “relieved” from his Red X identity. I don’t recall how Jason Todd fits into the 2003 run (or if he did at all), but shrug, I don’t hate or disagree with that theory. :+1:

The back of his head here looks like the Puppet King :rofl:

5 Likes

I wrote an article for DC about all my favorite theories here!

6 Likes

Great article!

5 Likes

I will stand by the Jason Todd theory for ever! And the theory that “the Batman” is in the same universe as teen titans :batparrot:

4 Likes

He appears on BB’s detective board and there’s a scene where BB straight up confronts him about being Jason Todd because the kid HAD NO FEAR apparently :rofl:

5 Likes

#canon

6 Likes

Red X is Red X.

5 Likes

The real Red X was the friends we made along the way.

7 Likes

I do love this fan theory. It fits with The Batman so much better than the DCAU shows which preceded it. You can draw a straight line from Dick as he appears in the 2004 show to the hero he matures into in the 2003 show. The Batman is a Teen Titans prequel.

5 Likes

I’m a pretty firm believer in the Jason Todd theory, but the Bionic Monkey is pretty amusing to think about, to be honest. :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think I make a pretty good case for the clone theory.

6 Likes