Calling All Peacemaker Fans!

how peacemaker is good combat and marksman made his weapons and guns

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @kennethjimenez961.23835 and @luke1989julian.15856! Thanks for contributing such great questions - please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :grinning:

2 Likes

To John Cena: How does it feel to go from Nickelodeon, to a DC show?

Also, is it awkward for you to know that millions of people will see you in just your tighty whiteys?

2 Likes

For Jennifer Holland: to the extent we see changes in Emelia’s personality from the film, how much of that seems attributable to Amanda Waller no longer breathing down her neck?

For James Gunn: Considering Idris Elba was originally linked with the part of Vigilante, is the character’s selection based on something in particular you see in Vigilante, or was he just the best of DC’s gunslinger candidates?

For John Cena: Peacemaker was a good guy from a third-rate comics company, who almost turned evil for what became the Watchmen, and then did turn evil because his rip-off counterpart in Watchmen quickly surpassed him in prominence. Was his underdog/bench-warmer status in comics history ever useful in terms of how you approached the character?

For Steve Agee: How do you defend your unit’s management/admin staffing? You’ve got like five characters that supervise the Peacemaker

For Nhut Lee: Was there anything specifically from the comics that helped flesh out the character for you, or are we more starting from scratch for this Judomaster?

For Robert Patrick: Are we supposed to cheer for Peacemaker to have a better relationship with Auggie, or cheer for him to get the hell away from Auggie?

For Chuk Iwuji: How big of a pain in the neck was it to get into Canada duriing the pandemic?

3 Likes

Questions for anyone:

• Is there anyone Peacemaker would NOT kill?

• What does peace look like to Peacemaker? What would the circumstances have to be for him to say “mission accomplished” and stand down?

• Is Peacemaker aware of the irony that he kills people to create peace or is he as obtuse as he appears?

For John Economos/Steve Agee:

• What’s the best item available in the workplace vending machine at ARGUS headquarters?
3 Likes

Question for Mr. Gunn:

I believe I’ve seen you mention on Twitter how you appreciate the fact that television lends itself to greater exploration of character and story thanks to having more screen time when compared to movies. In the era of streaming that’s allowed for bigger budget, near-movie quality productions for television, do you see yourself and other filmmakers diving more into television over film? Or do movies still have competing qualities that make it more-desirable depending on the production?

For Mr. Cena:

Your performance as Peacemaker in The Suicide Squad was phenomenal! You really managed to give him depth and did an incredible job at bringing some flavor to such an awful character. My main question off of that is: were there any unexpected-challenges you’ve faced personally while playing your character? Is stepping into the shoes of such a terrible person ever troubling or upsetting? Do you have any tricks you use to cope with that? Or is it just another day of work as an actor where you leave it all behind the second you hear cut?

For anyone:

If there was a CHANCE for you to take a prop, costume, piece of the set home without anyone noticing ( :wink: :wink: :wink: ), what would it be?

What unexpected challenges did you face on set or in your performance that you overcame?

If there’s one thing you wish everyone would have in set their mind as they turn on the first episode?

3 Likes

Hello I am also excited for the new peacemaker show, How do you think vigilante will play out as more of a comic relief then serious as the CW version?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! That’s a great question, one I’m curious about also :open_mouth:

3 Likes

So…this got posted yesterday by DC and HOLY SURPRISES, BATMAN - MY QUESTION GOT ASKED TO JAMES GUNN HIMSELF!

I’m geeking out over here and so happy! I’m going to have to go back and watch the final few minutes of the podcast again because everything after JAMES GUNN ANSWERED MY QUESTION is a loss to me!

Thank you again to all the moderators and folks behind the scenes that took a question from my keyboard to James Gunn himself - so awesome and has made the debut of Peacemaker on HBO Max that much better!

5 Likes

Hey @OmniLad, hope you’re watching ‘Podly: The Official Peacemaker Podcast’ on HBO Max! :wink:

5 Likes

I really need to listen to Podly

4 Likes

I thought I recognized the question from here - nice job!

5 Likes

HOLY COW!!! I’m completely overwhelmed to hear my question on the show, and by none other than Chukwudi Iwuji!!! I can not even find the words to describe how I’m feeling. Thank you so much for pointing it out, @FelixLeiter. I hadn’t had the chance to listen to the show yet and probably wouldn’t have found the time for a while until you pointed this out. Now I’m obsessed.

The DC Universe Infinite community continues to bring me so much joy and many opportunities. :grin: :champagne: :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Love it! This exactly is the reason we do what we do!

6 Likes

AND OMG AGAIN!!! I finally listened to Podly Episode 3 to hear Danielle Brooks answer another one of my questions. Wow, I am on cloud 9.

To any of the DC Gods out there looking over this post, for the record I have tons of other good questions for other people that I’d happily offer to you, but we should probably save those for a different podcast because I love Ify Nwadiwe and Fiona Nova too much. Just sayin’ though!

4 Likes

And it’s HubCityQuestion for the win in podcast #4, with Freddie Stroma answering his question!

5 Likes

I finally started to listen to Podly! I’m listening to episode 2 tomorrow. going to bed now (maybe)

4 Likes

I was waiting for your reaction to Episode 3! Double-dipping with the OmniLad questions and of all the props to take…the gnomes!?!

4 Likes

I know. Made me love her even more. Such a fun, unique answer.

3 Likes