📺BYOM Watch-Along📺 SHAZAM! Sunday August 11, 6:30pm PT/9:30pmET

Greetings DCU! This is a Bring Your Own Movie (BYOM) Watch-Along :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

======================
WHO: YOU (and the Shazamily - I heard that term on DC Daily, Dr. Sivana, the seven deadly sin monsters, Mr. Mind, Superman,…)

WHAT: Shazam! (2019)

WHEN: Sunday, August 11th, 6:30pm PT / 7:30pm MT / 8:30pm CT / 9:30pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and click the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 6:30:00 pm PT/8:30pmCT/9:30pm ET, we will all click the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Because it’s hilarious, heartwarming, and heroic.

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 6:30 PT, if you arrive at 6:45 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there! :zap:

14 Likes

:zap: Ah, with work starting back full+ I will be in beddy by time by then! :sleeping: Everyone else should absolutely join in on this WAL :tv: cause this is such a fun movie. I didn’t expect to actually get a SHAZAM! :movie_camera: Movie during my lifetime. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We did get one & boy was I nervous it would be a sad disappointment. :hugs:It was Fan-tastic! Very Happy! :heart: Loved it Loved it Loved it! :zap:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @toonatonian I think it’s fan-tastic too =)

IN 3 DAYS

Shazam!!!:zap:

I haven’t seen this yet and it wouldn’t be that hard to rent out of copy or even borrow it from the library (don’t tell Aquamonc137), but I’ll have to see how my new summer cold is progressing by then… very tempting very tempting

1 Like

@Don-El Shazam! is so shway! If your library doesn’t have it, give the flick a digital rental. At least that way you see it in HD or 4K.

Most libraries I’ve been to stick to DVD, presumably as a budgetary measure. Shazam! realky deserves to be seen in the best quality it can be.

1 Like

Okay I’m coming if I get back from the lake in time

1 Like

And I’ve done my Book Club stuff!

1 Like

Cool =) I wish I was going to a lake. I hope you have a great time!

Less than 48 hours to showtime!

1 Like

Whoop whoop!!

1 Like

Kinda sad this will be the last one for a while.

Me too. I’ve enjoyed watching all the DCEU films with the community.

This one is so fun! Can’t wait to watch it again.

1 Like

gotta stay fit!

ImpureThirdBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

1 Like

Yeah I checked two libraries today well zipping around running errands…the film’s tooooo popular, I’m going to have to shell out the two bucks to VuDu tomorrow night hahaha

2 Likes

Yesss! A Captain Thundercrack Watch-along​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Captain Sparkle Fingers!

2 Likes

Why isn’t this movie or Aquaman being added to the DC Universe library of content? It’s DC, this is DC, what’s the problem?

Hi @Guyver48
My understanding is there are licensing restrictions.

@Mods, please provide a reply to @Guyver48. Thank you!

About 4.5 hours to showtime!

0hhh 9 30 Eastern… Let me go see if Redbox has this puppy