đź“şBYOM Watch-Alongđź“ş MAN OF STEEL, Friday July 12, 7pm PT/10pm ET

Greetings DCU! This is a BRING YOUR OWN MOVIE (BYOM) WATCH-ALONG :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

MAN OF STEEL is NOT currently offered through DCU. To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

Still here? Great! Let’s watch Kal take his first flight and get this Super-show on the road!

WHO: YOU (and baby Kal, young Clark, grown Clark, Jor-El, Lara, Zod, Faora, the Kents, Lois, Perry…)

WHAT: Man of Steel (2013)

WHEN: Friday, July 12, 7pm PT / 8pm MT / 9pm CT / 10pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and hit the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 7:00:00 pm PT/9pmCT/10pm ET, we will all hit the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Because watching DC Films with the DCU community is the best way to watch the film (IMO).

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 6:00 PT, if you arrive at 6:15 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there!

***FAORA ROCKS​:boom: ***

11 Likes

“You might want to stand back. A little further.”

I should be able to make this one, and yes…Faora does indeed kick derriere.

4 Likes

will be there!

4 Likes

@Vroom
WhooHooo!!!

“Kal-El, it is.”

2 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165
I’m super-stoked to hear that!

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure I have commercial-free copy on one of the external HD drives of my Dish DVR… I 'll check once wifey lets go of the remote…

2 Likes

listens to Flight to get in the mood

3 Likes

Yep I actually have a copy of this I’ll be there

2 Likes

I’ll try to make it but I’ll have to see if I’ll buy it

1 Like

Yay! The more the merrier! There’s so much to discuss in this movie.

4 Likes

Definitely joining this. Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Just so everyone knows, man of steel is on tnt on Monday so if you’d like a way to watch it without buying it there it is

approaches @Shadow, from a street corner wearing a trench coat and Sunglasses at night. Slips him a copy of MoS

“Hey man just give it a watch you wont get addicted I swear”. Scratches neck

2 Likes

@aquamon I mean I would buy it but I’ll need to buy Batman v Superman ultimate edition and probably Wonder Woman so that’s why I’m just gonna record it.

Oh your good buddy I was just being silly.

1 Like

Side Note: The movies are also available for rent (about $3.99). And other venues may have it (perhaps HBO? I don’t have HBO, but it’s worth a check).

I’m so excited for this! I’m glad to see others are too!

3 Likes

I think I got it I’ll be there for sure

4 Likes

COMING SOON!!! (Friday July 12th)

Jor-El: You’ve grown stronger than I could’ve ever imaged. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits.

4 Likes

Siriously can’t wait for this I’ve been wanting to do a DCEU WaL since I started joining in on these. I own every one.
@JLWWSM do you plan on doing WW after BvS?

2 Likes

*seriously
LOL

2 Likes